We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air fare prices from Canada...

Level Contributor
413 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air fare prices from Canada...

Hi everyone,

We are looking to visit Prague at the end of September...we are finding fares of $1026 from Winnipeg to Prague. I realize there are no crystal balls out there but can anyone tell me if that is a reasonable fare? Any information would be appreciated.

J.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,118 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air fare prices from Canada...

That seems to be the low end of fares from the western USA too.

I am also planning a trip at the end of Sept.

In general I watch fares to Europe and then buy in June or July since airlines now are showing summer specials and won't get to fall specials until it is actually summer. I don't expect prices to drop much more than maybe another $100 or so.(IF at all) soooo if the price now is within your budget I'd probably just buy it.

Level Contributor
413 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air fare prices from Canada...

Thanks so much for your reply. It seemed like a good price to me...we are in a smaller city centre in Canada and nothing ever really drops below $1000.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air fare prices from Canada...

We're at the stage here (Minnesota) where we will buy the tickets if around a thousand (US) which seems to be a decent price in the current scheme of things for fares to Europe.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air fare prices from Canada...

Oops, forgot to mention that we can often fly from here to Europe through Toronto (YYZ) on Air Canada for less than through other hubs in the US.

Level Contributor
413 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air fare prices from Canada...

Thanks everyone! That does seem to be going rate for us to get anywhere. Appreciate the tips.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air fare prices from Canada...

Try living in Calgary,The fares from here are crazy. 2 of us are flying end of July with KLM going via Amsterdam and then on to Prague and then from Copenhagen to the Uk and then home to Calgary $4000. Plus some other flights we are doing in Europe. I know it is high season. But we wanted to go to Northern Europe as well and you cannot visit that part of the world to late in the year. When we lived in T.O it was so much cheaper to fly any where.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air fare prices from Canada...

Try living in Calgary,The fares from here are crazy. 2 of us are flying end of July with KLM going via Amsterdam and then on to Prague and then from Copenhagen to the Uk and then home to Calgary $4000. Plus some other flights we are doing in Europe. I know it is high season. But we wanted to go to Northern Europe as well and you cannot visit that part of the world to late in the year. When we lived in T.O it was so much cheaper to fly any where.

Level Contributor
413 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air fare prices from Canada...

Calgary -- I feel you! We live in Winnipeg and we can't get anywhere under $500 in Canada -- outside of Canada is at least a $1000 but I thought that Calgary would've been a larger hub. The fares we are looking at are for late September. I'm just going to assume the $1000 is a decent price and take the plunge.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,513 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air fare prices from Canada...

yup, $1000 is about right..just quoted from Texas to Prague $1081

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,118 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air fare prices from Canada...

Well, It looks like I should have taken my own advice and just booked a ticket yesterday!

It looks like the fare on one of the flights I was considering has now gone up $200!

Oh well! That just shows you can never really know the best day to buy!