We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some questions about Prague...

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Some questions about Prague...

Hi everyone,

We are looking into visiting Prague from Sep 21 - 29, 2013. I have a few questions:

1. Is 8 days in Prague too much? Will there be enough to do?

2. I have looked up the seasonal temps, barring any unseasonal fluctuations, will it be comfortable enough to walk around and take in the sites?

3. Looking at staying at the Hotel Green Lobster in Mala Strana -- any thoughts?

4. What kind of food is available? I have never thought of what they eat in Prague :)

Any information would be helpful so thank you in advance.

J.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some questions about Prague...

Hi, Prague is not large city so 8 days could be too much, nevertheless I recommend to stay so long and to make trips also outside of Prague. Czech rep is a beautiful land, you can visit Karlstejn castle, Kutna Hora, Karlovy Vary,...

Temperatures in September are mostly mild and it should be not so rainy. I think that it is a good time.

You can get all kinds of food in Prague. There are plenty of great restaurants serving all kinds of cousins, but Czech food is also great. Little bit fat (beloved by germans), but very tasty.

Have nice time in Prague :)

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,251 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some questions about Prague...

to get you started...simply google/youtube videos of Prague will help

www.inyourpocket.com/czech-republic/prague

-------

http://www.prague.net/traditional-czech-food

lots of pork, beer (cheaper than Coke), garlic soup, fried cheese, goose or duck is popular,schnitzel

you can read a menu here

www.kolkovna.cz/index.php?show=menu&place=13

temps in SEPt will still be pleasant

consider day trips..topic in the right column of this page

if you are are 'Sound of Music' , you could visit Salzburg Austria by train..about 6.5 hrs

overnight trip to Vienna or Budapest 5hr, 7hr

day trip to Dresden Germany

just a matter of looking at the info provided

Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some questions about Prague...

Thank you for the information...it's nice to know that a day trip would be possible.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Some questions about Prague...

september is a great time to visit, stillwar enough to sit outside for a drink,but no as crowded as the main summer months,lots to do for 8 days if you include some day trips ,look at the Top Questions on the right hand side of the page for more info.

As the other have said lots a good food, pleanty of cheap filling stuff and lots of places for finer dining options,do try some of the traditional czech food.

http://www.prague.net/

this website will give you lots of info on what to see and do and does have an itinary section.

http://www.livingprague.com/

this website will give you lots of practical info and has discounts for tours and resturants.

Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Some questions about Prague...

Thank you for your help.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,652 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some questions about Prague...

Hi there,

It looks like you will be in Prague during the same week that we'll be there!

I have been doing a lot of research and found this article about food:

myczechrepublic.com/czech_culture/czech_cuis…

We will only be in Prague from Sept.24-29 so don't have as much time for side trips but both my son and daughter have urged us to try to get to Cesky Krumlov which is a small well preserved beautiful village.

I have been trying to decide if we want to stay overnight on the 26th even though we have an apt. booked in Prague for the whole time. IF we don't stay overnight we are considering a private day tour.

I have some threads saved about getting there and about private tours so let me know if you'd like to see them.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,652 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some questions about Prague...

Oops- I should have said 24-30 just in case my travel buddy is reading this thread too!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,292 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some questions about Prague...

I hate looking at food since I stopped smoking, given the chance I would eat anything in sight.

Noticed under Desserts

Fruit-filled dumplings (ovocné knedlíky)

these ovocne knedliky can also be eaten as a main meal......cherry, plums, strawberries.....

Greater London...
Level Contributor
150 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Some questions about Prague...

I feel for you Tilly, I've given up smoking too.

Don't know how I will cope when I visit Prague. Love sitting in street cafes with a coffee/beer and a fag! : )

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,292 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Some questions about Prague...

haha, then we are both miserable and will be for sometime... nothing better than sitting outside with a beer/wine and a fag!!!