We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

that band near the castle?

hawaii
Level Contributor
568 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
that band near the castle?

hello

there is a band(s) that play around the Prague Castle area on the sidewalk or street -this is mentioned in guide books and by Rick Steves but no one mentions when this happens- i realize they do not have a set schedule but looking for time for best chance to see this-

any information would be helpful thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,976 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: that band near the castle?

I have seen a Jazz band play across the road from the castle Entrance , don't know if they are a permenant fixture but am sure I have seen them in other parts of the city.

You will see various buskers in parts of the city but head along Charles bridge during the day and there is bound to be some band playing there.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: that band near the castle?

They were there both days when I was there last week.

They are very fine musicians (I'm a professional musician and a bit on the critical side). They play everything from Dvorak and Smetena to traditional Bohemian music to jazz and many are multi-instrumental. They have CD's for sale.

They started up around 9 am first day when hardly anyone was around and the next day they were there mid-afternoon, so they probably move around a lot.

The musicianship of Prague buskers is astonishing.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: that band near the castle?

Did you ever find out the name of the band playing outside the Prague castle?

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,061 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: that band near the castle?

likely you'll find them on youtube---a handful of videos in front of the castle

Edited: 20 March 2014, 21:30
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: that band near the castle?

Yes, but I cannot read their name on the CD's they are selling

6. Re: that band near the castle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 06:18