We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opening hours in Prague (Castle complex; Strahov; etc.)

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
54 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Opening hours in Prague (Castle complex; Strahov; etc.)

Hello there

I'am Charlotte from Belgium. I'am in the middle of planning a large trip to Central& Eastern Europe. Mondays are always difficult to fill in as this is the closing day in most museums.

In my guidebooks from Prague it also says that the Prague Castle, Strahov and several other sites are closed on Monday. But when I check the official websites of for instance Prague Castle I see that there is no closing time anymore. Is that correct? Has anybody recently been in Prague to confirm me if this is indeed the case?

Another question. I still doubt to take the Prague Card. In my guides its indicated that you can add the possibility for transport to the card. Than it would be valuable during 5 days instead of 4 days. When I try to make the booking online for the Prague & transportation Card, it indicates only 4 days. Perhaps some-one recently bought this type of card and can you tell me if it extends to 5 days if you add the transport option.

Thanks very much for answering.

Kind regards

Charlotte

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,290 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opening hours in Prague (Castle complex; Strahov; etc.)

hrad.cz/en/…opening-hours.shtml

this is the official website of the castle...so as you can see open every day over the summer.

I would not bother with the Prague card or the transport...depends where you are staying just perhaps get a day pass It is likely to be cheaper anyway (though not sure).....

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opening hours in Prague (Castle complex; Strahov; etc.)

Tilly is right. Which place do you stay? Maybe walking distance to some places?

Strahov Monastery, Prague Castle, Jewish museum + some private museums opened on Monday.

www.praguewelcome.cz

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
54 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opening hours in Prague (Castle complex; Strahov; etc.)

Dear Hana

I'am staying in the Nove Mesto at one of the main streets > Zitna. I think that the best option is to take day tickets for transport. It is great thing that the larger museums etc. are open on Monday now. Usually this is a difficult day on a trip.

Charlotte

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opening hours in Prague (Castle complex; Strahov; etc.)

One day ticket is easy and comfortable (dont forget to validate it).

Prague Castle from Zitná street is very easy by the tram No. 22, ticket is 24 or 32 CZK ( depends on the time) one way. Walking distance to Wenceslas Square + Charles Square. Maybe, you don´t need one day ticket.....it depends on your budget....

www.dpp.cz

Enjoy Prague!

5. Re: Opening hours in Prague (Castle complex; Strahov; etc.)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 07:18