We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Postage cost to US for lost item in hotel?

M A
Iowa
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Postage cost to US for lost item in hotel?

I just returned to the US from Prague and discovered upon returning that a stuffed bear of ours was left in the hotel room. I have contacted the hotel and it has been found... but I'm wondering what the costs might be for returning it to the US. It seems from my research that it is pricey, but I am hoping there is a better option! The bear has little monetary value but a lot of sentimental value.

Is there any good, cheap way to get an item like this back to the State without having to pay a tremendous amount to ship such a small, light item?

Thanks!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
16,051 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Postage cost to US for lost item in hotel?

snail mail would be my advice

just mailed a woman's souvenir T shirt via air mail it was about $4

Edited: 05 July 2013, 21:29
M A
Iowa
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Postage cost to US for lost item in hotel?

Thanks.

Do you have any advice for how to convince the hotel to send it by snail mail? I don't care how quickly it gets to me - just that I get it back. I stayed at a high-end hotel because I got such a good rate for advance booking and I'm worried they'll use high-end shipping. Obviously there's a language barrier.

I've already contacted Czech post for an estimate on shipping, but there's a language barrier as well.

If you can send a shirt for $4, I imagine the bear wouldn't be much bigger than that - but the guess I got from the hotel was $100!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,051 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Postage cost to US for lost item in hotel?

check your PM

M A
Iowa
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Postage cost to US for lost item in hotel?

I have to express a public thank you to tejashombre for helping me get my stuffed bear back! I am SO grateful for the help and kindness in picking it up from the hotel, packaging it, and getting it to me here in the States.

It's great to know there are still good people in the world... and tejashombre is one of them. :)

Thank you!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,051 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Postage cost to US for lost item in hotel?

glad you have her back...

thanks for the kuddos

6. Re: Postage cost to US for lost item in hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 07:18