We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am stopping reccommending hotels

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I am stopping reccommending hotels

Why, well i have been telling everyone how wonderful the hotel DAP is and what great value for money.

So i am hoping to make a trip late october/early november, can i get a room there............... no chance,so thats it Folk ,the Hotel Dap is not the place for you please leave it free for Unclegus.

praha
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am stopping reccommending hotels

booked up for october november several months in advance??? And not even in Prague 1.

what is going on, where is the recession and all that.

I have to start renting out rooms in prague.....

Edited: 19 July 2013, 17:23
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I am stopping reccommending hotels

I am thinking of staying in the 3 crowns in Zizkov, been there a few times before,can get a decent deal there,but the Dap, I can get the odd day there but can't get them for any more than 2 days in a row.I love that hotel,great location 100 yards from the 119 bus, 60 yards from the metro, 40 yards from a tram stop,across the roundabout from loads of busese to the suburbs, great room , good staff and one of the best breakfasts in the city and all at a price a fraction of that which you would pay in the city center. Plus Buvarka,Sokolovna and U veverky all within staggering distance.

RI
Level Contributor
289 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am stopping reccommending hotels

Me too Uncle Gus. I've always stayed in Andel, either at Akcent or Angelis. Tried to book for beginning of December, worked the internet hard over many sites, best price at Akcent $88 American (it's a great budget place but no way I'd pay that), and Angelis $55 American (saw it for $34 American for the same dates just the week before I could get the plane tickets booked).

Ended up at Aparthotel Susa in Vinohrady for $39 American (10 nights so also get $39. credit from hotels.com for next hotel night I need). It's got good reviews and I'm sort of looking forward to staying in a different area... up there I go again making recommendations.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: I am stopping reccommending hotels

I like staying in different areas too ,but the Dap just hit all the right buttons for .I stayrd in Vinohrady a few years ago,can't rmemeber the name of the place but in was a small aparthotel on Americka, good place but just can't find it on any booking sites.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
14,967 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am stopping reccommending hotels

the military hotel DAP has to make money on the weekends...their focus has turned to tour groups

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am stopping reccommending hotels

The only thing I can advise regular visitors to do, is choose a hotel you like and stick with it. This allows you to build a good relationship with someone in the reservations office, preferably the manager, and as they know you and know that you are a regular you can get some great deals.

We are going back to our regular Prague billet in Nov for our 16th trip to our regular hotel. When we started going to this hotel, the lady who is now reservations manager was only a receptionist then. She knows us, gives us the best room and doesn't ask for deposits. The rates we get are less than hotel booking sites, and a lot less than rack rates. We also sometimes get a bottle of Bohemian waiting in the room on arrival.

When we booked for this Nov, she charged us 125 czk less per night than a same length stay last Nov. We are also allowed late checkouts, sometimes up to 6pm if our Easyjet is a late flight.

I really would recommend a regular hotel to people who travel to Prague, or in fact any destination on a regular basis. Just make sure you build up some trust with with the reservations manager and that they know that you are going to be staying with them often. Although, in practice for us, this is only once or twice a year.

Think I will also keep my hotel choice secret after what Gus has said ;-)

praha
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I am stopping reccommending hotels

unclegus, you could check Hotel Denisa, close to Dejvicka, along CS armady.....

Edited: 20 July 2013, 10:51
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: I am stopping reccommending hotels

Thanks PB, had a quick look , prices are a little higher than the Dap but certainly within my price range.Iwill try and arrange time of and get every thin booked during the week.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: I am stopping reccommending hotels

UncleGus, the Denisa is not a bad little hotel. Rooms are okay and a nice breakfast spread. It's a bit higher than Dap but still less than the Diplomat which is right outside where the 119 Bus stops. We are thinking we will give it a go around that time too so keep me posted.

Edited: 21 July 2013, 13:08
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: I am stopping reccommending hotels

We really need to get together again my friend,i got lots of great places i need to take you to,you can even bring the wife,but the old standby places like Sokolovna also have to be visited.

I should know my exact dates in the next few days ,just have to sort it out with the guys at work.