We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yet Another Train reservation question....

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
612 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Yet Another Train reservation question....

I posted a question yesterday regarding online purchase of reservations and 2 person sleeper tickets from Prague to Krakow for this coming September.

I keep getting an error message when I try to complete the transaction. (I was trying a "Test" reservation using a date not more that 60 days out) At the suggestion of Tilly41 here on TripAdvisor I emailed the rail company, and this is the reply I received:

Sorry

You buy ticket only international ticket office.

So--I'm assuming it is NOT POSSIBLE to buy tickets online? That could be a major problem for us, as we do not have any flexibility in our travel dates. We will need a two person sleeper car for the night of September 24th, arriving in Krakow on the 25th.

We will be in Prague 7 full days, so we could buy our tickets immediately upon arrival for the following week.

Two questions:

*Where is this "International Ticket Office"?

*Do we have a decent chance of getting a two person sleeper 7 days out?

I really don't want to share a sleeper compartment, and I REALLY don't want to buy two airline tickets at over $300 each!

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

TVQ

Edited: 23 July 2013, 18:55
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,862 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yet Another Train reservation question....

I don't know what's happening...per this thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12483-k61864…

it was possible. Although only the special offer tickets were available on line. Don't understand how all of them on all dates were sold out.

The main international ticket office is in the main railway station (Wilsonova) near the top of Wenceslas Square. So go there as soon as you arrive in Prague. ~Ask for direction in your hotel, everybody knows where it is.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
612 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yet Another Train reservation question....

Thanks again, Tilly41! Yes, it does seem strange--but I've tried SEVERAL dates, both close in and at the 60 day mark, and in between!

This is just so frustrating--as I like to have "all my ducks in a row", so to speak, before we leave the US. Guess I'll just have to relax on this one!

I did read through the post you linked to, and made sure I was following his directions. It's a mystery--but maybe "The Man In Seat 61" will chime in with some current info.

I appreciate your help and willingness to answer questions Tilly.

TVQ

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,862 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yet Another Train reservation question....

I dropped him a private message, hopefully he will answer.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yet Another Train reservation question....

Idos doesn't say that there will be any service limitation on those days, and the sleeper car is scheduled to run every day - I can only assume that it is an error in e-shop, and maybe somebody is fixing it. In any case, if you can't book them, nobody else can. I can't see the end of September being particularly busy.

It gives you a number and an e-mail to contact: 'Please contact our customer centre for more information – tel. 840 112 113, info@cd.cz - there is usually somebody who speaks English.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yet Another Train reservation question....

I've just gone to www.cd.cz/eshop.

Prague to Krakow [PL] for random date, 20 August, ticket with possible reservation, departure time set as 20:00, 2 adults selected.

Up comes direct train at 22:29, arriving 06:42. I select it by clicking 'purchase'.

Now I set reservation type to 'sleeper carriage', select double berth, leave 'men' selected (even if you're a mixed-sex couple)

I'm getting a fare of 2315 Kr.

So works fine for me.

But the system doesn't hold all ticket types for all berths. It only holds a limited quota of cheap tickets, after which you'll get nowhere with it online as it cannot sell regular-priced tickets. So if it doesn't work on your date you'll need to book at the regular price by phone or at the station. It's a busy period, that could be the problem. October will be far less busy.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 10:35
Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
7,801 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yet Another Train reservation question....

Sorry, I meant September will be less busy than July & August...

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,605 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yet Another Train reservation question....

It isn't working for September, though

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,862 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yet Another Train reservation question....

GCEK is correct, the online booking is not available for September.....I sent you a private message Man in seat 61, I was hoping that you have more information.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
612 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yet Another Train reservation question....

Thank you all!

I emailed them again, asking if I could reserve/purchase via email instead of on their website. They said that was not possible, but that I could buy them next week. Maybe they are having an issue with their website for September reservations???

I'll start trying Friday/Saturday or Sunday for September 23rd tickets, and I'll post back in case someone else is following this thread and/or experiencing the same problem.

TVQ

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yet Another Train reservation question....

Sorry, just read this thread. I have posted similar problem on another thread.......

Hi

I am having a similar problem. I'm trying to book 1 seat in a 6 person couchette for travel Prague to Krakow on 17.09.13. When i try to make reservation, I get this message...

Request cannot be processed. No train can be reserved for the specified date/route – this may be due to operational restrictions (e.g. closure activity).

Please contact our customer centre for more information – tel. 840 112 113, info@cd.cz.

I have sent email to info@cd.cz and am waiting for a response.