We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer Baths

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
23 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Beer Baths

As a first time visitor arriving in late September, would taking the bus be the best way to get to chodovar or should I rent a car. We plan on spending the night at the hotel coming from Prague. This forum is so helpful to a first time visitor.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer Baths

http://www.pivnilaznebbbpraha.cz/kontakt/

thee is a Beer Spa in Prague now which may be of interest to you.

Chodovar is a good distance from Prague certainly a long day trip by bus or by train.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,353 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer Baths

It's Chodova Plana isn't it? For a day trip I would hire a car and not rely on public transport. It's about 170 kilometres from Prague.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,284 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer Baths

Are you going specifcally for the beer spa? or are you doing the Plzen brewery etc. as well.

Sounds like you do have other plans if you have booked an overnight stay.

(In general, going just for the 'beer spa' does seem out of the way and not so good public transport. There are more accessible destinations if your focus is a spa treatment..for ex. K. Vary)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer Baths

I've done the beer bath in Chodovar twice in my last 2 trips to the Czech Republic. Once with my dad in separate tubs and then with my wife in the same tub. Definitely recommend the tub for 2 if your going with your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend.

If you plan on going to Karlovy Vary then do make the small jump down to Chodova Plana and partake in the bath and the fantastic food in the mountain restaurant.

5. Re: Beer Baths

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2014, 05:17