We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Airport

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Airport

Hi All :)

Myself and my 15 year old lad will be arriving into Prague Airport on sunday 4th August at 20:25, now I believe there is an airport shuttle bus that we can get to the main train station and from there need to get Metro line C ( red) I believe to Střížkov station. My question basically is if anyone can advise me on times these methods of transport run untill in the evening please , Im hoping we will be ok to get to our hotel this way?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,265 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Airport

yep, you will be fine, if no one answers I will reply tomorrow with details...what is the name of your hotel? ( near Strizkov_)

Edited: 27 July 2013, 23:11
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Airport

yes quite easy,the AE busgets you to the main train station,though the last one is at 21.16 but you should make that.you pay the driver 60kc each.

www.czech-transport.com/index.php?id=357

Once in the train station head to the main concores which is down the stairs /escalators and buy a transport ticket form the stall beside the metor or if that is closed the nearby Relay shop (you can't miss it) a 24 kc ticket should be fine but if you have large bages then you need a 16 kc luggage ticket.You could buy 110kc 24 hour ticket.

onec you have your ticket validate it in the Yellow box thing at the top of the metro steps,these are in the main concourse again you can't miss them. You need to look for the metro in the Direction of Letnany and your stop will be the 6 th stop,

On that line some of the trains only go to Ladvi so check the sing on the front of the train as it comes in ,there is usually an anouncement to that effect. The metro run till about midnight.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 07:50
Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Airport

Thank you both for the help its much appreciated :) .....the hotel is Hotel Duo and I believe right near the metro station so should be easy to find :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Airport

looking at the map it is about a minutes walk from the metro,just look for Teplicka exit and you will be on the right side of the main road and the hotel is just off Teplicka.

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Airport

Once again thank you for the info...I shall keep my eyes peeled for that exit :) ... Sunday cant come soon enough. ..just hope weather is nice ( rain showing for next week at moment :( )

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Airport

hope you have a great time.

If your 15 yo is into skate boarding/roller blading then a trip to Letna park to watch the local strut their stuff on the base of an old Stalanist monument is a must, great views from up there too.

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Airport

Thanks unclegus :) .... my lads not into any sports ...xbox and laptop ( gaming ) lol ....we like photography so should have lots to photograph and we're going to the zoo one day....id like to if done a boat trip but been put off by reviews on trip advisor

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Airport

there is a boat you can take to near the Zoo or indeed return that way.Might be the perfect day out for you.

praguesteamboats.com/boat-trip-to-prague-zoo…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,436 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from Airport

Actually Lenta park gives some great photo oppertunities, if you have ever seen pictures of the Prague bridges then usually they have been taken from there,the Havensky pavillion being the premium spot.

Barrow-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting from Airport

That boat trip looks ideal so probably do that and combine the two thanks :)