We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A tour or go it alone?

columbia
Level Contributor
202 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
A tour or go it alone?

I usually like to do places on my own and wander into small streets on my way to the sights but I was wondering if it would be better in Prague to take a tour? If so which one?

Thanks,

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,349 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A tour or go it alone?

You could do one of the 'free' tours of the city (like Sandemans) and then re visit at your convenience those areas which caught your attention.

http://www.newpraguetours.com/

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,376 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A tour or go it alone?

I would agree with Tilly,Prague does have some great streets to wander around,evn if you do get a bit lost just head back towards the river to get your bearings again

Tainan, Taiwan
Level Contributor
203 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A tour or go it alone?

I'm going in 6 weeks time and me and my mate are going on a Sandemans free tour on the 1st day to see some of the sights - whether we like it or not, as we'll be knackered.

From there were going it alone. I find (when seeing a new city) just exploring back streets, sometimes without any idea of where your going can be quite fun. You start to get a real feel for somewhere. When I went to Copenhagen, I'd see what I wanted for the day (which often wasn't much) and go walking for 2-3 hours.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,376 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A tour or go it alone?

Chapletom,my mate and I played Tram dice once whe we were in Prague(we have both been loads of times especially me).what you do is take take 2 dice roll them ,odds you head in one direction ,evens the other, you must take the first tram that comesr,you then roll again and go that number of stops or until you reached the end of the line.You then have to find the nearest pub and have a beer,once refreshed you strat again.You really get to see a city that way.

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
244 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A tour or go it alone?

Unclegus.....that's brilliant!

6. Re: A tour or go it alone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 07:16