We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Differences between one station to another one

Melbourne...
4 posts
Save Topic
Differences between one station to another one

Hey everyone..

I will travel soon from Prague to Budapest and I have found two different prices for the train ($100 difference) and apparently the only difference is the departure location.. the cheapest one departs from Holesovice station and the expensive one departs from Hvalni Nadr.. and there is only one hour difference.. can someone explain me why it is this way.. ?.. should I buy the cheapest one?

Thank you so much in advance

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,645 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Differences between one station to another one

Which website are you looking at...if it is raileurope or a similar reseller, ignore it.. Book the ticket directly from Czech railways eshop. ,makes no difference in price which railway station it is....the main station is called Hlavni nadrazi (main railway station), Holesovice is a small station on the Prague Berlin route.

(you can buy from 60 days in advance and I think the special price is 19 euros per person 2 class, day ticket.......and the ticket is non refundable...for English click 'en' top line right)

https://www.cd.cz/eshop/

Melbourne...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Differences between one station to another one

You are lovely!!! Thank you so much!!!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,645 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Differences between one station to another one

You're welcome, I am blushing:)

4. Re: Differences between one station to another one

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:16