We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague airport shuttle

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,746 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Prague airport shuttle

Think we may book these for our transfers to and from the airport. My question is do I pay online before going or when we arrive?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,745 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague airport shuttle

no you pay the driver on each leg of the journey.Just make sure you confirm the booking and you will get a page showing the meet up point,actually you come out the doors into the main hall and there will be someone around that area with your name on a card.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,746 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague airport shuttle

That's great Gus......thanks.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,745 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague airport shuttle

your welcome what are your dates,I am back in Prague 31/10-7/11 if you want me to check anything out.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,746 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague airport shuttle

We're going on the 6th of Oct so we'll be there before you but thank you anyway. Really looking forward to it. Just need to find a good pair of walking shoes lol :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,745 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague airport shuttle

yes, good shoes are needed,you will be doing a lot of walking and the Prague cobbles can really cut up your feet.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Glenrothes, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague airport shuttle

I visited Prague, in March and July. In March, I took the Airport transfer which in itself was efficient and clean, and timely. However, I used my Amercan Express Card to book/pay, anyway, the next day, I had a call from American Express about, strange 'attempted' purchases on my card... I never connected it to this company (yet).. But, they cancelled it..and that was fine.

However, I returned in July. I used my replacement American Express card, again the transport part of the service was fine... However, I only used my Amex Card 1 time, in Prague for the transfer... so, when I came home, and found a transaction on my account for £860 (1000 Euros) or $1300 !!!!!

I contacted Amex, and Prague Airport Transfers.. at first to be honest, the 2 girls I dealt with were not helpful at all, 'what do you want me to do about it' was what I was told!! Shocking!!! They took no responsibility for it whatsoever, even though it was through thier transaction my details were taken!!

Amex, did an investigation, and suggested not to use this company again! Thankfully within 10 days I got the payments taken off my account.Ask them about it, if you use Amex, as they hold the details. On both occasions the transactions had been made online, and for itesm from shops in Germany (often car seats, accessories for cars, a bit suspicious given it was a airport transfer company who the problem happened with)

I spoke to the Manager/Director of the Company in the end, who was a bit more helpful than the very unhelpful girls. Who told me only authorized people had the credit card details, which then led to the question... well, which one leaked the credit card details... they never answered that question.

I was very disappointed by this, as I am a regular traveller, and despite looking very professional, and havin nice vehicles, and, transferring me pleasantly and smoothly to my hotel. This service has to receive a terrible rating.

The fact there was no responsibility accepted by anyone, below director level was terrible, and even though the dirrector was more helpful, there was no offer to replay it.. it was left to Amex to write it off.. What a shocker!

Mentioned in this post
Prague Airport Transfers
Prague Airport Transfers
9,798 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Germany
Germany
Europe
7. Re: Prague airport shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:16