We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have one night in Prague's Old Town. What to do?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Level Contributor
149 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Have one night in Prague's Old Town. What to do?

My wife and I are in our late 20's, and have one night in Prague. What can we do? I have read many threads on Prague's nightlife, and was keen on doing the Prague Pub Crawl, however, the many bad reviews have changed my mind. Looked at other Pub crawls as well, but decided to skip the pub crawl scene altogether. Also, we want to get back to the hotel by midnight.

I then thought, maybe we can do Karlovy Lazne by ourselves, which is pretty close to my hotel (btw we are staying in Old Town) but the reviews are again not in favor. We are not beer drinkers so no beer crawls either. Any other recommendations? We'll be there for the night of September 17th.

praha
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have one night in Prague's Old Town. What to do?

walk in old town old town square, astronomical clock, go up the townhall tower, go for nice dinner by the river like grosetto marina

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
39 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have one night in Prague's Old Town. What to do?

Agree with PrahaBohemian.

Also, you can try the TV Tower if you want. It might be quite romantic for you guys. There is a restaurant and a bar there as well. Free to go to the restaurant (66m tall) and you need to pay to go to the top floor (93m tall)

Edited: 08 August 2013, 15:43
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
15,024 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have one night in Prague's Old Town. What to do?

There is so much to see..history, architecture...I think you're missing out.//.sorry , but clubbing is nothing special in Prague IMO

If anything, try the Jazz Dock, it has decent reviews

You can hit a couple of tradtional pubs on your own..no need to pay for a pub crawl

Edited: 09 August 2013, 20:44
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
39 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have one night in Prague's Old Town. What to do?

We went for the opera tonight in the Estates Theatre in the old town and the experience was very enjoyable. It has opera every alternative day. It cost us CZK 790 for a ticket (it was CZK 890 but we got the ticket two days earlier so there was discount). It played the Mozartissimo of Mozart's, i.e. every thing a bit together from Mozart's operas. It lasted for an hour. The theatre itself is beautiful and the musicians and singers are fantastic. Maybe it can be an option for you.

5. Re: Have one night in Prague's Old Town. What to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:17