We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Packing for late August - temperature help!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Packing for late August - temperature help!

Hi all,

We leave for Europe on August 23 and will be traveling through Munich/Salzburg/Prague for a little over a week. The weather forecast seems to be a bit all over the place - high 80s in the day and low 50s at night. To those who live in these cities or have travelled there recently, is that accurate? Trying to figure out what to pack and streamline what I am bringing if at all possible. Seems like it might be shorts and t-shirts for the days and jeans and light jackets at night? Does this sound right? Anyone have a good site for accurate temperatures? I worry weather.com doesn't have the best info. Any help you can provide would be helpful. Thanks!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Packing for late August - temperature help!

treking.cz/sluzby/predpoved-pocasi-prumerne-…

Temperatures are in Celsius, article is in czech but table is international.

"Seems like it might be shorts and t-shirts for the days and jeans and light jackets at night?" - Choice seems right, maybe + raincoat because this year are rains somewhat tropical :)

Edited: 14 August 2013, 12:45
Leeds
Level Contributor
115 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Packing for late August - temperature help!

Hi There

Ah, three of my favourite cities in the whole wide world - I'm jealous!

We were there last week and kept our eye on the BBC weather for a week before we went. We found it to be 100% spot on!

We didn't need jackets, either by day or by night, but I would definitely recommend taking a lightweight waterproof and some sensible shoes as when it rains, it really rains!!

Have a great time.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,991 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Packing for late August - temperature help!

later in the evenings or early morning you may have to put on jeans or long pants..the last two days have been a few degrees cooler but I'm still enjoying sleeping with my windows open and wearing short pants all day. Bring a light jumper and maybe a long sleeve T-shirt.

Highs will be at least 70s long range forecast indicates 5-10 degrees warmer around 26th/27th

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Packing for late August - temperature help!

Great, thank you all for your help!

Lake Forest...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Packing for late August - temperature help!

How did your weather turn out in Prague this last August?

Lake Forest...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Packing for late August - temperature help!

We are planning a river cruise to include Prague in late August . How is the weather? Please help!

Edited: 14 October 2013, 16:42
Lake Forest...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Packing for late August - temperature help!

What is the weather like in late August in Prague. Please help!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,456 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Packing for late August - temperature help!

Impossible to say so far in advance, but generally warm and even hot - mid 20s to early 30s. But it can be not so warm as well and rainy, low to mid 20s. No snow though - you can be sure of that.

Lake Forest...
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Packing for late August - temperature help!

Thank you so much! We went ahead and booked our Viking River cruise and will

be in Prague August 15. The other dates available were October, and we were afraid it would be too

cold. We end up in Paris at the end of August. We went to Paris in mid October several years ago , and it was

Cold and rainy. I looked at the actual temperatures for Prague this past August , and there were very few days in the high 80's . Mostly 70's which is perfect. I hope we made the right choice!

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
16,032 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Packing for late August - temperature help!

We visited Prague in August a couple years ago. We had hot weather and cold rainy weather in the same week.