We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pedal boat near Charles Bridge and Prague Castle area

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Pedal boat near Charles Bridge and Prague Castle area

We are off to Prague tomorrow for a long weekend. Very excited!

Just 2 quick questions while finalising our itinery:

1) we are thinking of spending tomorrow, Sat, afternoon, wondering around Old Town, seeing the Astronomical Clock, Old Town Square etc and then wonder towards Charles Bridge. Is there a pedal boat rental place near Charles Bridge?

2) we are thinking of spending Sunday in the Prague Castle area. we would like to spend some time looking at all the exhibitions as well as the castle and St Vitus Cathedral. Do I need to allow a whole day for this? If there is spare time, should we go to Petrin Hill or should we go to the Monastry?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Edited: 23 August 2013, 07:16
Old Royal Palace
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Castles
Waldstein Palace
Castles, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,474 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pedal boat near Charles Bridge and Prague Castle area

lots of paddle boat choices....along the same side as the river as the majority/all the boats dock...you'll see the people paddling from Charles Bridge

time at Prague Castle area is really up to you...you can buy the packaged ticket which include seveal buildings/St Vitus...need to account minimum 3-4 hours. Or, buy a guide book DIY.

find tram 22 up the hill... go two stops beyond the Prague castle to Proholec and you will be at Strahov and Loretta..the plus, walking is downhill from there..to the castle, down to Mala Strana, across the bridge etc.

I prefer Letna Park for the great views overlooking the center..plus, a few beer kiosks are in the park

praha
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pedal boat near Charles Bridge and Prague Castle area

there are pedal boats at Lavka very close to the bridge. You have to go through the establisment all the way to the rear outside. This is a "nice spot" to enjoy lovely views with a drink just by the bridge, before and / or after the boating. I only have drinks there and do not eat, if you look at tripadvisor reviews you will get a feel for why, but a great spot to just enjoy the views.

www.lavka.cz/index.php…

hmm, i just could not figure out how to find the English version of the site, funny cause there are quite a few of tourists there....

Edited: 23 August 2013, 10:02
Mentioned in this post
Lavka
Lavka
16 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,212 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pedal boat near Charles Bridge and Prague Castle area

prague-guide.co.uk/articles/boats-and-cruise…

Strelecky ostrov (under the next bridge up the river from Charles bridge) rents boats.

London, United...
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pedal boat near Charles Bridge and Prague Castle area

Thanks for all your replies. Looking forward to my trip!

5. Re: Pedal boat near Charles Bridge and Prague Castle area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 05:18