We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

I'll be in Prague next weekend for the UEFA Super Cup final between Bayern Munich and Chelsea. I had originally intended going to the match, but ticket prices were prohibitively expensive, so I'm looking for somewhere with a good atmosphere to watch it. I've seen mention of fan zones being set up, but no actual detail. Has anyone seen any more about these areas?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,353 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

Not sure where, but possibly in the Old Town Square?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

Yes I thought they might do something in the Old Town Square, last time I was there they had ice hockey on (world championships maybe?). As Prague is within easy reach of Munich I expect there will be a lot of Bayern fans looking for a meeting place.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,353 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

Yes, there will be a lot of them, perhaps that's why Prague was picked both for the Germans and also for cheap flights from London for Chelsea supporters. And as you know, the game has always been played in Monaco. This is the first time it is being played away from Monte Carlo.

Anything big, and the old town square has the tv screens on plus plenty of places to get a beer:)

Edited: 23 August 2013, 16:33
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

The venue was actually chosen some time ago, before the teams were known - I've had my trip planned since March - and it worked out nicely for Bayern. From what I heard, the price of flights from London rocketed when Chelsea won the Europa League, as always happens with football matches!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,353 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

ok, at least it worked well for one of the teams

Swindon
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

I'll be there! On a freebie with hospitality! :)

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
341 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

Im sure it will be on in this massive beer garden in Zizkov

praguebeergarden.com/pubs/post/riegrovy-sady…

Only 32cz crowns for Pilsner Urquell or 22 for gambrinos

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

22 koruna for Gambrinus sounds good to me! The weather forecast is good for the weekend so a beer garden could be a good shout.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,442 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

I have been in that beer garden a few times its the only one I know that serves the beer in real glass glasses.,just keep climbing the hill and you will find it.Food stalls there too selling sausage type meals but across from there is a very good and very cheap restaurant.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
436 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: UEFA Super Cup final fan zones

It's only 22 kc during happy hour which is till 16:00 on week days I think, rest of the time it's 32kc...