We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks for all your help on my recent trip to Prague/Budapes

New York City
Level Contributor
5,087 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks for all your help on my recent trip to Prague/Budapes

I wanted to give thanks to the help given here on my recent trip to Prague/Budapest and Vienna .

All were great cities although I liked Prague and Vienna more. There seemed to be alot of construction in Budapest and there wasnt as much narrow cobblestone streets in Budapest as prague and Vienna.

I think the pick-pocketing and safety issues might be a bit exxagerated, Ive been in the last 3 years Rome, Barcelona and Prague and no issues.

I rode the subways in Budapest and Vienna (Vienna alot as I was on the outskirts a bit) and no issues, I walked everywhere in Prague except one tram ride to the Castle.

I took everyones advice about Taxis and did not take any taxis in Prague or Budapest. The advice about the Airport express bus was great.

The free tours of Prague where you just tip the person is a great intro to the city and I recommend them, I did the same tour in Barcelona

I took the day train from Prague to Budapest. It will likely be me only time in that part of the world so I enjoyed to view and I got to speak to world people on the train who wanted to practice their english with a native speaker.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks for all your help on my recent trip to Prague/Budapes

Glad you enjoyed it, and that we were able to help!

Palos Heights, IL
Level Contributor
23 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks for all your help on my recent trip to Prague/Budapes

We will be in Prague at the end of September on a bus tour. Thinking of going on our own by train to Budapest for a day and returning in the evening to Vienna.

Any suggestions? Is it worth the trip?

New York City
Level Contributor
5,087 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks for all your help on my recent trip to Prague/Budapes

It took 8 hours by train from Prague to Budapest and about 3 hours from Budapest to Vienna

Its alot for a day trip. I did it in a triagle but arrived in Prague and departed from Europe from Vienna

4. Re: Thanks for all your help on my recent trip to Prague/Budapes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 06:22