We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

theresienstadt tour

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
274 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
theresienstadt tour

some "top of the line" tour services offer to have you meet a survivor of the camps

on this tour--

not sure how i feel about that....

anyone know anything about that?

is it even available????

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: theresienstadt tour

I would contact Wittmann tours. They can help you.

www.wittmann-tours.com

Edited: 14 September 2013, 18:49
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
274 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: theresienstadt tour

thank you--i will

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
122 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: theresienstadt tour

Hi Pikesville

If you have the opportunity to speak with a survivor on your tour, I would highly recommend you take advantage of it. Hearing the testimony of a survivor is an invaluable first person insight into the history of Terezin and the Holocaust. Very soon, these opportunities will be lost forever , as the survivors pass on. Also, by listening to a survivor , you are giving them the gift, of guaranteeing that their stories will be remembered after they are gone.

If you are going to Terezin, make sure you not only visit the little fortress, but also the former ghetto- the ghetto museum is the best place to start your tour..this is the link to the memorial , with interesting background material.

pamatnik-terezin.cz/en/memorial/visitor-code…

.If you would like any links for further reading, please send me a message and I will be happy to send you background material to prepare you for your visit.

4. Re: theresienstadt tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2014, 05:16