We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nostalgic Tram No.91

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Nostalgic Tram No.91

Hello...Can anyone tell me if this worth a ride?? I understand that it has a differenet ticket that you can buy it from where...the driver????

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,315 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nostalgic Tram No.91

I think the cost is 35 crowns and you either buy from the driver or from the conductor...I think it's fun and inexpensive,

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nostalgic Tram No.91

Yes, definitely worth a go. It's an experience from a different age, as the old trams make their way past some of Prague's best sights. They are run by enthusiasts and retired tramway staff who really enjoy what they do. The cars have the veterans working in them as conductors in traditional uniforms.

The only caution I would add is not to jump on after a full lunch. The suspension isn't anything like modern trams, if there is any suspension at all. All a lot of fun and a great way to see some of the city.

www.dpp.cz/en/nostalgic-tram-line-no-91/

Croatia
Level Contributor
154 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nostalgic Tram No.91

I just checked the webpage and it seems fun but I haven't found it in any of the guides I've been reading... Too bad it doesn't run during winter :(

Can you hop on and off as you please or do you need to buy a card every time you enter the tram?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nostalgic Tram No.91

Thanks for all your answers!!! But is it really like a hop on hop off tram?? Or everytime you like to ride it you need a separate ticket??

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,315 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nostalgic Tram No.91

The ride from Stresovice to Vystaviste last only 35 minutes or so, and you can get on and get off at any of the stops, but unless I am mistaken, the ticket is for one ride only...so if you get off and want to get back on, you need to buy another ticket.

But I am not entirely sure.

Edited: 17 September 2013, 20:51
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,441 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nostalgic Tram No.91

its great been a few years since i was on it and nearly got beat up by a couple of 8yo boys cause i was hogging the breaking mechanism, i gave way cause they were bigger than me.

its cheap as chips and a great fun thing to do. When I was on it you got your ticket stamped at a couple of stages and as it only runs abiut once an hour it is not really a hop on hop off thing but for the money you pay its worth it for a ride on such a lovely tram.

I actually have a picture of myself and my 2 mates riding the tram right above my computer work station,great memories.

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nostalgic Tram No.91

Took it a number of years ago. Started out sightseeing at the tram museum, then took this ride.

Great nostalgia.............the gal who took the tickets was long retired, and a bundle of laughs. I assume the guy driving was probably also retired.

This ain't your red-bus experience..............ride it through the complete circuit.

Do your other visits to sights using normal transportation.

If I get back to PRG, I'll definitely do this ride again. Well worth both the time and cost.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1 post
272 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nostalgic Tram No.91

Yes, if you leave tram and get in later ( to some other) , you have to buy the new ticket.

35 CZK for that experience is ,, almost for free price ''

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
436 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nostalgic Tram No.91

I've got a 'tramspotter' in the family so I'm on it regularly now.. Let you in on a secret I enjoy it too..

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
123 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nostalgic Tram No.91

You can find the official page here:

www.dpp.cz/en/nostalgic-tram-line-no-91/