We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk, Bus or Taxi from Prague RR to Modra Blue Hotel???

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
84 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Walk, Bus or Taxi from Prague RR to Modra Blue Hotel???

Does anyone know how far this hotel is from RR or how much a taxi would cost?? I read such horrors about taxi scams at the RR. If it's a short distance perhaps we'll walk. Better yet anyone know if I can take a bus? P

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,783 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk, Bus or Taxi from Prague RR to Modra Blue Hotel???

wha'ts RR?

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
84 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk, Bus or Taxi from Prague RR to Modra Blue Hotel???

I clarify...RR is railroad station. Thanks

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
84 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk, Bus or Taxi from Prague RR to Modra Blue Hotel???

I clarify...RR is railroad station. Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,783 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk, Bus or Taxi from Prague RR to Modra Blue Hotel???

we call them Train Stations

The main train station is Hlavni and your hotel is about a 10 minute walk from there ,check Google maps for route . You can take the metro part of the way but would need to change line after one stop and then go one stop on another line and even then you would still have a bit of a walk , probably quicker just walking . A taxi from the train station will be about 200kc or so

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
84 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk, Bus or Taxi from Prague RR to Modra Blue Hotel???

Thank you!!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,783 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk, Bus or Taxi from Prague RR to Modra Blue Hotel???

BTW its all down hill from the train station if that's any help,if you have a lot of luggage get a taxi but with a small bag it should be easy enough to walk.I would take a route right on to Wenseslas square and walk to the very bottom and the hotel is not far from there.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
84 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walk, Bus or Taxi from Prague RR to Modra Blue Hotel???

Thanks. I think we'll take a taxi as we each have a suitcase. Guess we need to get a taxi w meter

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,783 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Walk, Bus or Taxi from Prague RR to Modra Blue Hotel???

their is fair fare taxi rank at the Train station.I have had folk approaching me in the station asking if I want a taxi but have always said no,actually I never use taxis in the city apart from to and from the airport but even then it is usually a private shuttle service. Orgaue has such a great integrated public transport system that generally you don't really need taxis (well I don't)

9. Re: Walk, Bus or Taxi from Prague RR to Modra Blue Hotel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 06:20