We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague/Cesky Krumlov 7-Day Itinerary Help

USA
Level Contributor
76 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Prague/Cesky Krumlov 7-Day Itinerary Help

So I'll be traveling to Prague at the end of November for a week for the first time. We fly into Prague Saturday afternoon and will be leaving the following Saturday morning (very early!)

I've done a bit of research and it seems that Cesky Krumlov could be a cool side town to visit while we are there. I'm a bit worried about the Castle being closed though and whether or not it's still worth a trip in November. Is it worth the trip? I thought about heading there immediately after we land but I'm afraid we'll already be exhausted and the last thing we'll want to do is get on a bus for 3 hours.

Does the below make sense? It seems several museums will be closed on Monday so that seemed like a good travel day.

Saturday Day 1 - Arrive in Prague (early afternoon)

Sunday Day 2 - Prague

Monday Day 3 - Travel to Cesky Krumlov

Tuesday Day 4 - Cesky Krumlov

Wednesday Day 5 - Return to Prague

Thursday Day 6 - Prague

Friday Day 7 - Prague

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!!!

Thank you!

Prague Castle
Castles, Historic Walking Areas
Schwarzenberg Palace
Architectural Buildings, Castles, Art Galleries
Waldstein Palace
Castles, Points of Interest & Landmarks
usa
Level Contributor
426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov 7-Day Itinerary Help

looks doable, but I think one night in CK would be enough; its not all that big and you can see the castle in the morning and the rest of the town in the afternoon, no sweat. I was in CK on Christmas day last year and most of the castle attractions were closed, but there was still plenty to see and do (the gardens were great, even if they werent in bloom; definitely worth the trip). Enjoy your trip!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
646 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov 7-Day Itinerary Help

I second franklin's thought . CK is adorable but two nights are a lot for a small town . you may arrive at noon . spend the whole afternoon looking around and next morning see the castle area .

you gave too much time to Prague . well it's worth it , but why not to see other places ? like Karlovy Vary . worth a day trip .

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,269 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov 7-Day Itinerary Help

I would do Cesky Krumlov as a day trip and another day trip- like Pilsen. Seems I never have enough time in Prague to see and do everything I want, so I wouldn't use up that much time on a side trip.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
64,305 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov 7-Day Itinerary Help

We just came back from a similar trip.

We spend 2days in Prague, then went by car(Mike chauffeur) to Cesky Krumlov.

We left Prague early in the AM(7:30AM) so had the full day in CK and then didn't leave until 1PM(1300)the next day to return to Prague. Then we spend 3 more days in Prague sooo just like you are planning and it was great!!! Don't do CK as just a day trip!!

BTW we had a wonderful apartment in Prague which we kept for the whole time even though we spent 1 night away. It worked out just great!!

Edited: 02 October 2013, 15:15
USA
Level Contributor
76 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov 7-Day Itinerary Help

Thanks everyone for the responses! I think we have decided to book an apartment or hotel for the entire week (looking now ...) and then decide on a day/overnight trip when we are there based on how the weather is. Karlovy Vary sounded very interesting to me, but then I realized it's not a traditional spa town (i.e. relaxing massage and spa). Sounds like maybe we should do Cesky Krumlov or Karlovy Vary. I think we'll likely do a day trip to Kutna Hora since my travel companion is a photographer and I don't think she can resist the Sedlec bone church. Potentially a trip to Pilsen for the brewery.

Any thoughts are welcome! Thanks!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov 7-Day Itinerary Help

Cesky Krumlov is a wonderfull place as well as Kutna Hora, I would do both :) Karlovy Vary too, it only depends on what will the purpose of your trip be.. If you want to enjoy and explore Prague, there are so many events and festivals and sights and wonderful cafés and hidden streets that you could spend a month here and still have a lot to explore.. If Prague is not the only place you want to visit, do some of the three above. Plzen is not worth spending a whole day, from my point of view :)

Best regards,

Jan

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,635 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov 7-Day Itinerary Help

FYI Plzen can be reached by bus circa 50 mins from Zlicin metro area

American monuements, Patton musuem, personal suggestion-the Great Synagogue.entrance a mere $3

If you decide on Krunlov , you could hit neighboring České Budejovice and visit the original Budweiser company or the neighboring castle to CB http://www.zamek-hluboka.eu/

personal choice for a visit/photos is Olsany cemetery in Prague at Flora metro...google for info-fascinating history IMO

one day trip will be enough, you'll need/want the other time to meander around Prague

Edited: 05 October 2013, 20:57
8. Re: Prague/Cesky Krumlov 7-Day Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 05:18