We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

Plymouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

Hi Can anybody recommend a good hotel in Prague Old Town for my husband and I for Christmas. We are looking to stay for 7-9 nights and would like to keep the cost under £100 night if possible, although we would be willing to go a little higher for something very special. It will be our first visit to Prague so i would be grateful for any extra advice.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

Cloister Inn or Metamorphis but you better book now - it is busy

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

We stayed at kings court last Christmas and it was really good. We upgraded to executive room direct with the hotel after booking with yeego. You then get use of the executive room, with drinks (Inc alcoholic)and snacks(sandwiches, soup etc)throughout the Day until about 8pm I think. We paid a lot less than £100 a night for the room including breakfast and the upgrade. It's a good location next to the powder tower and only a few minutes walk to old town square.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

Second Kings Court. Location and service couldn't be better. It will be more than £100/night for Christmas, though. I got a special discount for this Christmas and will still be paying 185 EUR, or about £156. That's for an Executive room, though.

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

Looks like prices have gone up a bit then as only paid 70 euros a night last year and think the upgrade was about 40 euros a night.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

As their ratings get higher on Trip Advisor and their rooms book earlier and earlier, the prices go up. Supply vs. demand.

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

They have actually dropped in TA ranking from last year! 20s last year, 30s this.

Edited: 06 October 2013, 21:05
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
15,591 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

We stayed at the Hotel Tri Bubnu, just behind the old town square. Nice, comfortable hotel, good location, and just over US $100/night in the summer, so probably still eithin your budget.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

Maybe because the prices kept rising. When I booked Kings Court for my first trip, their rankings were in the 60's. From friends at the hotel, I know they are almost always fully booked.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

Thanks for your replies ... the Kings Court Looks fantastic but a little too expensive I would be grateful for any other suggestions

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Hotel in Prague Old Town

I've heard good things about Hotel Paris, which is next door to Kings Court. It should fit your price point.