We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi airport to mala strana

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi airport to mala strana

Hi

Travelling to Prague on Thursday (4 couples) and wanted to check what the taxi fare should be from airport to mala strana ?? From what I've read it should be apprx 400kr ??? Does that seem about right ?

I know some have pre booked transfers for approx 600kr but are taxis generally available and honest ? Or could we get ripped off with a 3000kr taxi fare ??

First time trip to prague so all answers and advice welcome

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi airport to mala strana

Seems low, but I usually take the hotel car. AAA and Radio taxi charge the legal rates. I wouldn't take any others.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi airport to mala strana

To be honest sometimes even the companies from the airport with fixed rates come out quite high, they say it is traffic waiting time etc etc, if you give me your email address I can give you a contact for a private taxi and driver to pick you up for 600 czk

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,599 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi airport to mala strana

if you book a private shuttle you would pay around 600kc for up to 4 people ,so two cars would cost 1200kc but some companies have larger cars and this company will transfer 8 of you for a fixed price of 900kc which is pretty good.

http://www.prague-airport-shuttle.com/

The are highly recommended and I have used them on many occasions.

Ianprague, why not just link to the company you want to provide details of

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,806 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi airport to mala strana

Because he would be self promoting...IanD......and it's also against the guidelines to conduct your business via private messages.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,599 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi airport to mala strana

so Ianprague has ulterior motives, not a good idea to promote your company via PM's It will end in a ban.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi airport to mala strana

What is this ? A witch hunt or something ?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,599 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi airport to mala strana

not a witch hunt but just keeping the forums fair and open.If you have an interest in any company then you should make that interest known, soliciting customers through PM's is neither open or fair and in breach of forum Guidelines.

I recommend many services, pubs and resturants on this forum ,but only from personal experience and with no personal interest in any of these ventures.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi airport to mala strana

Really ? And how do we know you are not getting commission from these recommendations ?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,806 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi airport to mala strana

I agree with gus, prague airport shuttle is a reputable company

http://www.prague-airport-shuttle.com/

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,599 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi airport to mala strana

maybe if you read all my trip reports over the years you will see i use lots of companies and visit many different bars and restuarnts,in fact i started athread a few months back saying i was stopping reccommending the Dap hotel because i could no longer get a room there anymore and have had to stay in a hotel nearby.

Ian, you are a new member to the forum and have some very good information to give to people and i have looked at soem recent posts and your reccomendations for some places to drink are excellent and i may if i have time next month visit one or two places.

But if you have an interest in a airport transfer or taxi buisness then you should declare that.