We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

Plymouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

I am wanting to book a 7 night Christmas holiday for my husband and myself in Prague and I am torn between two hotels .. The Kings Court Hotel and the Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, both look good and they are about the same price. It's our first visit to Prague so I would be grateful for any help with my decision.

We are in our 70's so the hotel location is as important to us as the comfort.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,587 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

Location wise, I would pick Kings Court.....did you look at Ventana prices?

Plymouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

Help ... Now I am torn between Ventana and Kings Court ... which is the best location ... and which has the best rooms and service !!!

The Ventana is slightly cheaper but their website doesn't show any restaurant and I was thinking about meals for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!

I would be grateful for any advice really I should book today

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,587 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

They have a snack bar on the 1st floor which is open throughout the day and unto the evening..never had a meal there....only afternoon tea with cakes, and late night drinks.

You will want to eat out on Christmas Day, much more fun than staying in the hotel, but ask them about Xmas Eve.

Ventana is in a very good spot near the Old Town Square......not far for you to walk, and the hotel has a lift.

Plymouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

Thanks for your speedy reply

I am booking my flights with Easyjet and they also do a complete package with Kings Court Hotel but not with Ventana I could book hotel separately but am thinking it may be wiser to book everything under one umbrella.

Have you stayed at or visited the Kings Court ... do you think that the Ventana is a better hotel

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,587 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

No, I've not stayed at the Kings Court......and if you get a good price on the package then go for it, you won't go wrong.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

Last year, Kings Court had a Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day brunch at their restaurant (may have been the other way around; can't remember)- mEatingpoint. It was fantastic.

I would recommend getting an executive room, which gives you access to the executive lounge- which has drinks, snacks and finger food and a concierge who will book tours for you. It also includes their buffet breakfast, which may be the best in Prague. Also, if you need a taxi to go somewhere, just ask the receptionist and they will call an honest one for you, or take one of the hotel's limos. Make sure to stop by the vodka lobby bar. Pavel creates and mixes fantastic drinks.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
643 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

Location - Kings Court. Service there is very good, a lot of nice place around, walking distance to many places, public transport next to the hotel.

Radisson Blue Alcron is the place of my heart with its own history, great service and one of the best restaurants in Prague (Michelin star). Unfortunately location around lost a nice atmosphere during last years....

Plymouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

Thanks to everyone for all your useful advice. I have just booked the Kings Court we check in on the 19th December for 8 nights.We were going to take a shorter break but the flights were much cheaper by leaving a day earlier and it was silly not to have the extra night.

I would be grateful for any suggestions for nice restaurants not too expensive but really good food, perhaps one could be a bit more extravagant though!!

Plymouth
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

I forgot to say I booked a deluxe room in the Kings Court, the executive looked great but I thought I should keep the cost down. Do the nibbles and drinks come as an extra or are they included in the executive room price .... perhaps I could upgrade when I arrive!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kings Court Hotel or Radisson Blu Alcron for Christmas

An executive room includes access to the executive lounge, which has a nice spread- mostly finger foods, sandwiches, coffee, fresh juices, alcohol, etc. The buffet breakfast is also included with the upgrade to an executive room. You also get L'Occitane toiletries with the executive room. I doubt there will be any available when you check in- they only have a limited amount and the hotel will most likely be fully booked by then. I think the breakfast buffet alone is worth the extra cost for the executive room.