We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
127 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

Hi all, my boyfriend and I have booked our flights to Prague for the 15th until the 18th of December. I've been looking online at places to stay, and am a bit overwhelmed. I've been to Prague when I was younger but can only remember main sites and I'm sure a lot has changed since then. Could people recommend some central romantic hotels, in the moderate range e.g. not the four seasons, that we will be with walking distance of main sites and christmas market (up to 15 min walk to market is fine)? Possibly if there is any with an open fire or that cosy type of atmosphere? Many thanks.

Llandudno, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Llandudno
Level Contributor
11,955 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

Here is a favourite of Tilly41, I am sure it has a real fire .

www.romantikhotel-uraka.cz/cs/ubytovani/

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

Room 6 only:) but it is farther than 15 minutes walk from the Old Town...but only 5 min to Strahov, Loreta, Prague Castle.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,514 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

Like hayleenaj we are also looking for a very nice hotel within walking distance of most things. We are also looking at December and so a warm hotel will also be quite important. Tilly you say that your favourite hotel is more than 15 minutes from the old town, is it still walkable? I have never been to Prague so not sure which area would be the best to stay in. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

Twigs, U Raka is a titchy hotel, only 6 rooms and only one room....6...is the one I would recommend. It is walkable, all the way down hill, about half an hour to the old town square, but would suggest a tram on the way back.

I also like Ventana which is very near Old Town Square, that's Prague 1,check it on google maps.

I am not entirely sure if I go to Prague in November or December, but will stay for a couple of nights at Archibald Charles bridge...stayed there about 3 years ago, and seems like they've done major refurbishments, so will try it again.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g274707-d5073…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g274707-d2765…

Edited: 21 October 2013, 20:16
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,514 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

Thanks Tilly I will take a look at your links.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

I hope you find them ok, but I think we may have different tastes...just remembered you went to Columbia Beach resort in Pissouri and liked it? I was not all that keen.

PS next time in Burford on a sunny day, try Lamb Inn...great garden at the back:)

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,514 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

Thanks Tilly. It is funny but I looked back on my notepad and I had noted down Ventana, Archibald as well as Pod Vezi and Leonardo. Perhaps our tastes are similar after all!

My daughter stayed at Hotel Pinot and liked the area so I have been trying to look in that area. Let me know if you any thoughts.

Looking forward to exploring somewhere new to us.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

Pod Vezi, Pinot...Archibald...all in the same location.....lovely area, you can't go wrong with any of them....or if you want to pay more...Pachtuv Palac on the other side of the bridge is also to be recommended.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,514 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

Thanks Tilly we are still struggling, going round in circles. Must get it booked this weekend.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Central cosy hotel, possibly with open fire?

Don't think about it too much, any of those above will be fine...