We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend guided tour around Prague and Cesky Krumlov?

Sydney, Aus
Level Contributor
37 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend guided tour around Prague and Cesky Krumlov?

Can anyone recommend any good city tours of Prague or maybe even inclusive overnight to Cesky Krumlov and/ or Austria?

My husband and I are first time travellers to Prague and as obvious tourists, I feel a little uneasy about getting around by ourselves. Private or with a group is fine.

TIA!

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,194 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend guided tour around Prague and Cesky Krumlov?

Hi,

I went to Prague for the first time a few weeks ago.

Not sure why you are uneasy about getting around on your own??

What do you expect might happen?? It is a lovely city and if you are there for a short time the main tourist sights(old town, Josefov, castle area etc) are really easy to walk to and see on your own. There are lots of tours you might take but I am sorry that I cannot give a rec on any of them.

We used a private driver to go from Prague to Cesky Krumlov.

This is his web site:

http://mike-chauffeur.cz/

He was great!!!

In Cesky Krumlov we had a great private tour with Oldriska who writes on the Cesky Krumlov forum. You can go to that forum and click on her screen name and send her a private message if you want to arrange a tour with her.

We stayed in Cesky Krumlov overnight since I don't think that 2 1/2 hours of driving each way is really a "day trip".

Here are links to my Prague trip report, Cesky Krumlov report and restaurant report which might be helpful to you:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g274707-i96-k68977…

2. Re: Recommend guided tour around Prague and Cesky Krumlov?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 22:35
3. Re: Recommend guided tour around Prague and Cesky Krumlov?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 06:20