We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague to London by shuttle bus

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Prague to London by shuttle bus

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has tried taking shuttle bus from Prague to London. It is an overnight trip from 5pm to 11am the next day. It seems quite long, but the fare is half of the plane ticket. I am traveling in early Jan... it's still holiday season, the plane ticket can get to quite expensive.

What's your experience with student agency or euro lines? Or is there another company you would recommend?

Many thanks! :)

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
15,024 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague to London by shuttle bus

those two are the main companies/choices

of course you're in the bus seated for that many hours

did you already check the budget airlines

EasyJet, SmartWings.......possibly Wizz Air, Brussels Air,German Wings etc

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,265 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague to London by shuttle bus

In the 'old days' when flying really was expensive I used to get the bus on this route quite regularly, but it was a bit of a trek and needed a bottle of whisky or similar to survive the experience, but since then bus technology has moved on and it isn't that bad studentagency.cz/jizdenky/videa/index.html - it is great for Vienna to Brno/Prague but I might think twice about anything considerably longer - there is a good selection of films, so time goes quite quickly. A friend of mine uses SA to go to Oslo and back once a month and she loves it, so it is a matter of preference. If you use them, book with www.studentgency.eu not other third-party companies. I don't know about eurolines - I think they might have similar vehicles, but SA is the market leader.

Given the choice, though, I would still fly.

Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague to London by shuttle bus

Thanks all! I booked the flight in the end... was trying to get a shuttle from Prague back to London, but the bus was full.

Well... that's alright. I can now go and visit Klementinum Antique Market on Sunday morning :)

4. Re: Prague to London by shuttle bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 06:19