We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divoka Sarka in Winter

singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Divoka Sarka in Winter

Hi, I would be heading to Prague in early December, is Divoka Sarka a nice place to go to at this time of the year? Would it be safe? Thanks.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Divoka Sarka in Winter

I have walked all around this area and the paths are fairly well marked though if their is snow them many markers could be covered . There are many paths that are paved that would let you see the area without climbing into the wilder part. It is actually very easy to walk round their was only one area I considered a little dodgy and that was on a small ridge and only because it was very windy at the time.

I would say go there see what you think and cover the areas you feel that are within your walking abilities.

One thing is getting out there.

There is a lot of new tram lines being laid and continuing work for the Metro extension going on.The No20 & 26 trams that go to the area have a big detour and I saw special X20 and X26 buses running from Dejvicka along the tram route.

singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Divoka Sarka in Winter

That sounds great, I would probably be taking bus 119 from the airport just to spend a quiet day there. Would there be anything nice to see? Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Divoka Sarka in Winter

I am pretty sure the 119 stops right outside. There is a McDonalds at the tram terminus/bus stop, just walk down the road at the back of the McDonalds and that takes you into the park.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,887 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Divoka Sarka in Winter

there is small lake there and the Weeping Willow trees beside it are quite magnificent. If you climb up to the higher area you can see all the planes approaching the airport( depending on what approach is being used that day),there are some great rock formations , good views and lovely forested area,I was actually eating apples right off the trees when there last October,doubt there will be many apples left for you.There is a restaurant along a road on the far side of the lake, don't know if it will be open though.

singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Divoka Sarka in Winter

many thanks for ur help!

6. Re: Divoka Sarka in Winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:18