We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

PETALING JAYA
Level Contributor
165 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

Hi.

1) I am taking a train from Budapest to Brno, staying one night and then another train to Prague. Arriving at the Wilsonova train station, I am thinking of taking the AE bus from Wilsonova to Dejvicka. Will I be able to get a ride on the AE bus with my train ticket stubs?

2) From there, I am planning to take the Metro Line A to my hotel (Hotel Trinidad) at Malostranska. As I will have some luggage, I am wondering how far it will be from the AE bus stop to the Metro platform and if there will be lots of stairs to lug my luggage up or down.

Or would it be easy (and safe) to get a taxi at Dejvicka.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,836 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

1. Not sure but would think you would have to pay 60kc

2.Forget about this complicated journey.once in the train station,leave by the main exit,turn right and walk to the tram stop about 200 yards away,take the No 5 tram to Malostranska, the hotel is about a minutes walk from there.

Edited: 03 December 2013, 09:27
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,836 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

you could also take the metro from Hlavni (the train station) one stop to Museum, change lines and then take that metro to Malostranska

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,813 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

skip your idea.

simply take tram #5 from train station to Malostranska

PETALING JAYA
Level Contributor
165 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

Thanks, everyone.

PETALING JAYA
Level Contributor
165 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

Dear unclegus and tejashombre,

Just want to say again that I really appreciate your expertise and your willingness to share it on Tripadvisor. I never would have found this route without your help. It is surprising that the IDOS portal and Google maps don't seem to know about this Tram 5 connection. Google maps kept suggesting the AE bus and connections from there. ITo check out your suggestion, I had to go into the process of digging out the Tram 5 route from the main DPP portal.

I am hoping that the local government will do something about the taxi service from Wilsonova before I go to Prague, which is, actually, only in April next year.

You guys are great!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,836 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

you're welcome.You can buy tickets for the tram in the train station,there is a ticket stall beside the steps down to the metro and they are also available from the Relay shop nearby.24kc ticket will cover you but if you have a large bag you may need an additional luggage ticket (I thinks it's 16Kc).at the tram stop you need to take the trams travelling from the other side of the road as you approach ,ie the ones going down hill.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,813 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

the idos.cz portal does show the route

make sure to use the 'Prague Integrated' format from the drop down menu

from Hlavni Nadrazi

to Malostranska

enjoy!

Edited: 04 December 2013, 06:57
PETALING JAYA
Level Contributor
165 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

Hi. Just another thank you to everyone. We had a wonderful time in Prague, and much of it's success was due to advice from Tripadvisor!

Actuaaly, our stay in Prague started shakily, when all the ATMs rejected all my debit cards, and when I couldn't find the Fair place taxi stand. The station is huge and confusing! Fortunately, the Lady at the currency exchange pointed me to the Tourist Point, where I got a taxi to my hotel for 300 czk. BTW, we also got our 72 hr travel tickets from here. I was amazed at how convenient it was to get anywhere I wanted, with just a little planning. Lr I realised , though, that it would have difficult to travel to our hotel by public transport because we had 2 bags each... Possible on trams,perhaps but not Metro because of the stairs and the fast moving escalators.Thanks again, friends.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,836 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

Glad you had a great time. 300kc is not a bad cost for getting right to your hotel,makes life a lot easier and gives you a chance to get orientated.Once you have been to Prague one you quickly realise how good the public transport system is and how easy to use.

10. Re: From the AE Bus to Metro at Dejvicka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 07:16