We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

worth the extra to stay in Old Town?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,143 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
worth the extra to stay in Old Town?

I have received quotes for rental apartments in Prague for 7 nightz

Bethlehem Square £580

King Wenseles Square £580

Lipanska Tram Stop £360

We intend to visit the sites,eat out in mid range restaurants/pubs and don't mind using public transport. We will have our 14 year old son with us so won't be staying out late but would like to have few Drinks early in the evening.

Is it worth the extra £220 to stay in Old Town or would the Lipanska location equally suit our requirements.

Thanks

Puddle

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,442 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: worth the extra to stay in Old Town?

I can tell you what I thought of the Lennon wall. having first seen it many years ago I visited again last month and though WTF has happened to the wall,it is just a place for nay old graffiti artist and person with a felt tip pen ,looks nothing like the pics in any of the guide books and a far cry from the wonderful statement of defiance that it once was.

No loger a tourist attraction in my book.

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
199 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: worth the extra to stay in Old Town?

Hi,

Zizkov is indeed an inexpensive place, but you also have some other nice areas where you'll find cheap accomodation (whether apartments or hotels) such as Holesovice, Smichov or the lower part of Mala Strana district.

At the end of the day, accommodation in Prague is quite cheap, but if you're looking at a small budget, you can easily get out of the centre, and catch a tram that will get you to the centre in 10 minutes (the tram network is excellent!).

Nicolas

13. Re: worth the extra to stay in Old Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 06:17