We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

foxnews.com/travel/…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,536 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

I think that will be on my list when i visit next May

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

Nice, we will have to give it a look next trip. I'll wager there are quite a few old buildings with forgotten treasures down in the basements. We sure enjoyed the alchemy tour.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

Always interested in the goings on from the cold war era. Will put it on my list. Thanks.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,536 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

that Alchemy tour was something else,only found after the floods of 2002,i am sure Prague has a lot more suprises to give out.

.Snydley I will try and email you some of the pics i took of us in various micro-breweries on our last trip,hopefully will do it over the weekend but been a busy boy lately just booked a winter sun trip to lanzarote.

Edited: 06 December 2013, 21:22
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

I know there were quite a few changes in Prague after the 2002 floods and I'm sure there are many treasures awaiting the light of day. Just back from the pub, went thru my pics from the last Prague trip a couple days ago and downloaded them onto the computer so I will have a few to send myself. We are doing the last minute preparations for our Munich Christmas Market trip next Thursday, too bad you couldn't join us gonna do a brewery tour plus engage in a makeshift pub crawl of our own design can't wait!

na zdravi'

usa
Level Contributor
426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

I just emailed them about reserving a spot on a tour when Im there in a couple of weeks. Only 75 crowns too! (free for hotel guests)

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

Thanks. Looks interesting. I'll have to schedule a tour when I arrive in 2 weeks. Wish my Czech were a little better, as it appears the tours are in Czech only.

usa
Level Contributor
426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

What dates will you be in Prague, Steve? We should meet for a beer if we overlap. I will be there Dec 18-24.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

I will be arriving on Dec. 21 and leaving on Dec 28th. Sounds good. I've been meaning to try some tankova.

10. Re: Cold War bunker beneath Jalta Hotel now open to public

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2014, 05:16