We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early Morning Flight/ Time to leave for the airport.

Byram, Mississippi
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Early Morning Flight/ Time to leave for the airport.

I'm taking my son with me on a teaching gig for a few days this summer and we were thinking about visiting Prague before I put him on a flight to CLT (this will be his first time flying solo). The best flight I've found for him leaves Prague airport at 7:05 a.m., and I am not sure what time would be best to schedule with a transfer service to leave from a central Prague hotel for the airport. Thanks!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,993 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early Morning Flight/ Time to leave for the airport.

http://www.praguetransport.com/

this is a company i have used many times, if you contact them they will advise of a pick up time,but in the early morning it will only take about 30 minutes or so to get to the airport from central Prague

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early Morning Flight/ Time to leave for the airport.

If LH & US Airways (via MUC or FRA), schedule the transfer around 5am. Make sure your son gets the boarding pass for the connecting flight as well (e.g. FRA or MUC). Could also be American (as US Airways merge - in that case I would allow extra 20-30 mins. I fly this route 3-4 times a year but do not check any luggage, so arriving @ the airport around 5:30 is OK for me. Whichever company you select for the transfer, your son should ask the concierge (or anybody else) to re-confirm the transfer booking the previous day.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,980 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early Morning Flight/ Time to leave for the airport.

Your son will be fine reaching the airport at 5.30 regardless the airline he is flying with (so 5 a.m. departure from the centre will be OK) No point getting there much before that time, the checking in counters are unlikely to be open.

The only departure at 7.05 that I can see for the summer and with good connection to Charlotte are Czech airlines via Brussels, 2 hours layover, which would be enough, and then US air to CLT.

Unclegus recommendation for the Prague transfer is good.

Enjoy Prague

Byram, Mississippi
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early Morning Flight/ Time to leave for the airport.

The flight I was considering is with US Air (Czech Air to BRU), and he will have a bag to check. Thanks for the information!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,980 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early Morning Flight/ Time to leave for the airport.

Via Brussels is the best connection if the price is right....a longish walk from the Schengen terminal to the Non Schengen, under the runway, but he will have a plenty of time. Brussels is not a very big airport.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,980 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early Morning Flight/ Time to leave for the airport.

Just an afterthought, make sure that Czech airlines have an interline baggage agreement with USAir and that they are able to issue a boarding pass for USair....

London, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early Morning Flight/ Time to leave for the airport.

A taxi transfer to the airport from town is about 30 mins (in early morning when the traffic is light). I don't think the metro starts that early. We just got back and we used one arranged by Prague City Apartments (we stayed with them) and we felt very safe. The price is the same irrespective of the traffic (400 czh).

8. Re: Early Morning Flight/ Time to leave for the airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2015, 06:19