We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Prague to Frankfurt

Columbus, Ohio
4 posts
Save Topic
Train from Prague to Frankfurt

I'm going to be traveling from Prague to Frankfurt on January 2nd. I'm having a hard time booking a train ticket from Prague. I called the Bain and they say that I cant purchase a ticket over the phone or online. I went to the train station in Amsterdam and they said they couldn't book the train ticket because of having to have a bus ticket for the first portion.

Any advice on what I can do? Many many thanks!

Nicole

Mentioned in this post
Frankfurt
Frankfurt
Hesse, Germany
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,401 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Prague to Frankfurt

www.bahn.com/i/view/overseas/en/index.shtml

on line cheapest 49 euros

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,317 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Prague to Frankfurt

It is bus part of the way to Nuremburg and then an ICE (both operated by German railways - DB. It is possible to book this online using the above link.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
157 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Prague to Frankfurt

Tilly I went to this website and it will allow me to purchase an online ticket. Do I have to print this out (I am travelling and don't have a printer) or do I just show id on the train and they will have my ticket.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,401 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Prague to Frankfurt

I think you have to print it....you can save it on your pc and print it when you have access to a printer...I think this is correct. And you will have to show your credit card.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Prague to Frankfurt

Tilly is correct. You MUST print it out. Simply go to an internet cafe or ask at your hotel.

Also, the "number" she refers to is the number you give as your ID number. Maybe you used your credit card, or as I do, I give my passport number. You MUST show the document (credit card, passport, etc.), which has the number you used when you filled out the ticket purchase form. The Czech conductors are very strict about this rule.

6. Re: Train from Prague to Frankfurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 07:16