We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague in July?

Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
46 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Prague in July?

Hello!

I am thinking of visiting prague in early july, but I wonder how the weather would be. How is usually the weather in prague in july?About what temperatures?Could it be unpleasently hot? I wouldnt like going around and sightseeing in high temperatures.

We re planning to stay in prague for 5 days. Is this a lot for prague?Or we would get bored?

Another idea is to stay 3 days in prague and 2-3 days somewhere else, in Czech Republic or maybe in Austria. Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

praha
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague in July?

Its not uncommon to get 10 to 15 days of temperatures in the 30ties and they often come in July.

If you plan on 5 days in Prague you can do a couple of day trips, Cesky Krumlov (you can stay overnight too) , Karlovy Vary, and there are shorer day trips such as the castle Karlstejn, Kutna Hora, you can go to Dresden as a daytrip too....

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague in July?

I have stayed in Prague the first week of July for the past 2 years. This past year the weather was great. Not too hot or humid. No rain that week. Year before last it was warmer and rained a few days. Weather is relative, though. The weather in Prague is better than where I live.

Karlovy Vary looks nice. Will be spending a day and night there for the July trip this year. Plzen is also interesting.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague in July?

Compared to Greece I think you'll find the weather very pleasant in the Czech Republic. It can get up into the high 30s, but that is very rare, and the weather is dry, not humid. The tips from the other posters about where to go are very good.

usa
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague in July?

I was also wondering about the summer weather in Prague. Not too humid, huh? I notice a lot of hotels dont have air-conditioning and that seemed like it might be a problem in July-August.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,602 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague in July?

I love hot weather, so Prague is ideal for me in the summer....(when I don't go to the Caribbean:), and some hotels do have air con, just need to ask.

It's also a great time to do day trips from Prague to some places like Hrensko, Spindleruv Mlyn, Sumava or Vltava dams.

Edited: 14 January 2014, 11:04
Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
46 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague in July?

Thank you all for your kind replies!

So I think I ll book it for july.

I liked the ideas of plzen and sumava! Is it possible to include them in a one day trip from prague?Or perhaps I could stay to plzen 1 night and visit sumava from there?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prague in July?

Coming from Greece you may not have a problem with heat, but I typically err on the side of caution when booking hotels for vacation. Even areas much farther north that Prague can get quite hot on occasion. When I visited Tallinn in Aug 2012 I figured there was no way I would need A/C there. But, sure enough, they had a once in a decade heat wave and temps were in the mid-30's. Luckily, I called ahead and they put me in one of their coolest rooms and gave me 2 fans and it was bearable, but this taught a valuable lesson for future trips. It's not a big deal to some people but since I'm a hot sleeper, I have to put a priority on A/C when summer traveling.

8. Re: Prague in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:18