We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning a 10 day holiday in Czech Republic and Austria.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
2 posts
Save Topic
Planning a 10 day holiday in Czech Republic and Austria.

Hi all,

I am planning a vacation of about 10 days in April 1st week with my husband and 2 kids aged 13 and 18

We want to explore Austria and Czech Republic.Which cities would be best to visit?

We want the vacation to be a mix of adventure and culture exploration.

Which cities would you suggest,which will allow moderate travelling time with maximum time spent in getting the feel of the places we visit?

Thanks for your suggestion.:)

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,814 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning a 10 day holiday in Czech Republic and Austria.

this is a recurring question and there is lots of previous info

Prague/Vienna are the usual choices.

To get you started, you can use the search box above..simiply type in Prague and Vienna together and previous posts will appear...you can sort by date.

I'd do a little bit of reading first and then repost some specific questions when you have them.

Also, look in the right column of this page...a topic for "Things to See and Do"

www.inyourpocket.com/czech-republic/prague

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning a 10 day holiday in Czech Republic and Austria.

If you are flying to & from Vienna, then check westbahn/westbus - cities to visit (tickets). You could also visit Cesky Krumlov (via Ceske Budejovice), then Prague, Brno area by train or www.studentagency.eu bus.

Check the discounted fares for older kids...

https:/…

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,969 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning a 10 day holiday in Czech Republic and Austria.

Brno is the perfect place for you - it has loads to keep adults and kids of all ages busy for weeks, and it is a lot cheaper and friendlier than the main centres. Here are a few ideas tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g274714-i1153-k6…

4. Re: Planning a 10 day holiday in Czech Republic and Austria.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 05:21