We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague/Pardubice hotel

NW
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Prague/Pardubice hotel

Hi

I'm flying to Prague on the 17th of Feb, and spending one night in Prague, then getting the train to Pardubice and spending the night of the 18th there. I'll return to Prague on Weds the 19th and fly back to the UK. The flight from LHR arrives at 22:05, and I'm in contact with praguetransport.com thanks to this forum.

Bearing in mind the taxi will take us anywhere in Prague on the Monday night, and that we'll need to walk to the train station on Tuesday - can you recommend a hotel that will be convenient and will allow a check in at midnight? Budget up to £70 for 2 of us.

Similarly - what can you recommend in Pardubice for one night?

many thanks

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Prague
Level Contributor
2,277 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague/Pardubice hotel

I just had a look at the Chopin, directly across from the station in Prague and they have some very good deals on, certainly less than £70 and I am sure they will let you check in whenever.

Near the station in Pardubice there are several hotels that meet your criteria as well, I have actually stayed at the Birdie myself and it is just fine

I used booking.com

NW
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague/Pardubice hotel

thanks pivo

Is the chopin reasonably quiet - it's very central isn't it?

The Birdie - I'll have a few hours to kill in Pardubice; I must go and see the albino peacocks - is the hotel near the castle? I've seen albino wallabies and want to see the peacocks!

Both look nice many thanks

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,000 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague/Pardubice hotel

as praguepivo says it is a couple of minutes walk to the main railway station for your train to Pardubice.. the area is relatively quiet, there won't be any noise from the trains or public transport. Not sure if they have rooms at the back of the building, but in any case the windows have double glazing......and in the winder you will keep the windows closed/

The Birdie is about a mile from the Castle/Museum and Tyrsovy Sady..have no idea about peacocks..not been there since the renovation

http://pension-birdie.hotel.cz/accommodation/

…pardubice.eu/eng/…tyrsovy.html

4. Re: Prague/Pardubice hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:22