We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prague to budapest by night train

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manila
Level Contributor
479 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
prague to budapest by night train

hello, where can i find the schedule for night trains from prague to budapest? thank you so much

I've checked in this website but could only find day trains https://www.cd.cz/eshop/connres_2g.aspx…

Edited: 07 February 2014, 15:48
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,290 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prague to budapest by night train

there is only one direct train from Prague , leaves at 23.45...that's how you find it

manila
Level Contributor
479 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prague to budapest by night train

thank you. i saw it. it says travel time is almost 9 hours? i didn't realize it was that far from prague.

manila
Level Contributor
479 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prague to budapest by night train

how do i find pictures of the 1st class sleeper? is it very comfortable? would you recommend this train? or would flying there be better?

Bydgoszcz
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: prague to budapest by night train

The daytime trains from Prague to Budapest take about 7 hours. The night train is timed to run a bit slower so that you're not delivered to Budapest at some early morning hour.

The sleeping car on this train has Economy 1-, 2- and 3-person compartments. You need a 1st class ticket only for the 1-person compartment; Doubles and Triples can be booked with a 2nd class ticket.

There are also Single and Double Deluxe compartments than can be booked at a higher cost, along with a 1st class ticket. These compartments have a WC and shower IN the compartment.

Photos here:

railfaneurope.net/pix/…pix.html

Regards,

J. Dobek

Polrail Service

Bydgoszcz, Poland

manila
Level Contributor
479 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prague to budapest by night train

thank you for your reply, i'm thinking of taking the plain to budapest. is TAP airline ok? i don't understand why the one way flight of TAP airline is $100 while on czech air is $500?

manila
Level Contributor
479 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prague to budapest by night train

if we do fly. what is the normal luggage allowance?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,290 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: prague to budapest by night train

i don't understand why the one way flight of TAP airline is $100 while on czech air is $500?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggest you check again....it won't be this cheap and the flight is via Lisbon.....totally impractical, with long layovers.

Check Czech Airlines for luggage allowance

Marlboro, New Jersey
Level Contributor
209 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: prague to budapest by night train

I also need to get to Budapest from Prague , the train takes 7 hrs? Are there any direct flights, other than Czech airways? Are there any inter European airlines that do this route that have better prices?Otherwise I must take a train, however 7 hrs on a train is a very long time! Can anyone tell me. How long it would take to drive this distance?

Edited: 08 February 2014, 11:40
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,290 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: prague to budapest by night train

I think Czech airlines are the only one on the route following the demise of Malev. The train takes 7 hours, the bus (student agency) takes 7 hours, by car between 5 and 6 hours ....but not practical unless you are returning back to Prague.

Train is a good option....buy 1st class for more space and comfort.

manila
Level Contributor
479 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: prague to budapest by night train

can you check out this link www.cheapoair.com/Default.aspx…

does it really say $100 for the 1 way trip?