We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chesky Kumlov

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
240 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Chesky Kumlov

Would you stay overnight here or make it a day trip? Trying to plan a trip of Berlin, Prague, and Budapest but seems this is a not to be missed. Please advise.

usa
Level Contributor
409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chesky Kumlov

I'd stay overnight. Cesky Krumlov is doable as a daytrip, but you would be a bit rushed. I think it's the perfect size to see everything in one whole day, plus its full of great bars, pubs and restaurants to give it a decent nightlife. Also, if youre going in the summer, theres stuff to do like hiking or canoeing.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
14,904 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chesky Kumlov

flocked with day tourist ...a different vibe if you stay overnight

Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chesky Kumlov

I have done a day trip with a private guide (www.private-prague-guide.com) we also stopped in Holašovice and then Hluboka on the return trip. My trip was in the spring it was not prime tourist season.

Oxford
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chesky Kumlov

If I had to do my Prague trip again, I would have stayed overnight in Chesky Kumlov. A day trip is rushed. You only really need two days - three at the absolutely most in Prague.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,840 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chesky Kumlov

You only really need two days - three at the absolutely most in Prague. I disagree for a first time visitor, but again depends on what you like...it's like with Oxford..some say half a day is enough, others would argue...

and it's spelled Cesky (C with a hook)

Florida
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chesky Kumlov

Thank you, Tilly, for the grammar lesson, but why not call it what it really is, "háček" (which is "hook" in English)? Actually, "hák" is "hook", and it comes from old German.

"Háček", in effect, is the diminutive of "hák". In effect, a "little hook".

I love grammar! (and I always want to learn more!)

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,840 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chesky Kumlov

Český Krumlov ..ok how about that then Castleblanca

California
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Chesky Kumlov

I just went last week and I would definitely go but would make it a day trip. Did the trip originating fro Prague.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,840 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chesky Kumlov

Why would you make it a day trip,....do you like sitting on a bus for 6 hours in one day? I don't...overnight is definitely recommended if you can sort your accommodation both in Prague and CK.

Charlotte
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chesky Kumlov

How did you get from Prague to CK? There are four of us, and we only have time to do a day trip. Should we book an excursion or should we hire a driver for the day? Does anyone have a company or guide they would recommend? Many thanks!