We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague in June

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Prague in June

Hi All,

My husband & I will be going to Europe for 15 days at the end of June .. we are thinking of starting our trip in either Prague or Barcelona .. from there taking a flight to Split, Croatia for 5 days & finally to Rome for the last portion of our trip. My question is will 4 nights be enough in Prague (we want to visit the Prague Castle, Charles Bridge and just hang out in the city) .. we are deciding between Prague or Barcelona (flight into Barcelona from Toronto is $500 cheaper) .. we have been to Spain before (Malaga) & loved it but wanted to try something new. I have heard that Prague is just gorgeous. Also, does anyone have any advice on the best area to stay in/around and how much we can expect to spend in 4-5 days on food & sightseeing? I have found a hotel in Prague "BEST WESTERN Hotel Kinsky Garden" .. does anyone have an idea if this hotel is close to the main attractions? How do people get around the city other than by car? Also, is it safe in Prague? Is there a lot of pickpocketing? Thanks for any & all of your suggestions!!

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague in June

The hotel Best Western Kinsky Garden is directly south of the castle district and just a few stops away by tram. The tram stop is 50 meters down the street, so very close. I know the hotel very well from the outside, as it is a few blocks from my office and I drive by it every day. It is right across the street from a huge park that turns into the Petrin Hill, which provides fantastic views of the city. The only drawback is that it is on a street which can have a bit of traffice in the morning (I'll be stuck in that traffic in a half hour or so).

Two other hotels that I can recommend that are in the area but not outrageously expensive are:

Hotel Residence Malá Strana - a few blocks away from the Best Western but on a quiet street

Hotel Kampa Garden - in the best part of town to stay IMO, Kampa, which is right by the Charles Bridge but still off the main tourist track

In answer to your other questions, Prague is amazing and you should definitely visit. 4 nights should be fine. It is completely safe, although you should be aware of pickpockets as you would in any major city of the world. The public transport system is extensive and cheap (about $1.20 per ride) - you can use it to get anywhere, although you will probably end up walking everywhere.

2. Re: Prague in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 February 2014, 11:35
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague in June

???

I wouldn't go that far. It happened in 2013, but the last major floods were in August 2002. The weather in June tends to be very nice.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague in June

thank you for your suggestions ... as for cost of food .. how expensive is it compared to other European countries? THANKS!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,599 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague in June

cost of food(well eating out) is a great deal cheaper than many other European cities and certainly in my experience about 1/2- 2/3rds what I would pay for a similar type establishment in my home city of Edinburgh

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prague in June

We are also visiting Prague in June staying at The Aria Hotel. This is our fifth trip. Four days is more than enough with a day trip to Korta Kurna. Prague is very safe. Like all cities you must be alert and be streetwise. Mala Strana is the site of Prague Castle and the Old Town is a short walk across Charles Bridge. Travel by taxis with a Red line. Beware of pirate taxi. Taxi drivers are honest Prague is no third world country. You will enjoy this city and that is why we are back every year. Arrange for hotel pick up about 50euros.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prague in June

Continuation. We are from Calgary. Food in Prague is cheaper than Paris. We are also going to Dubrovnik, Ljubljana, Zagreb. Beware of pickpocket gangs in Barcelona. They will stop the escalator going up and everybody will lunge into one another and then the grab. I caught one of them and gave him a beating of his life. He reacted and I grabbed the fire extinguisher and wanted to bludgeon him. It was a silly reaction.May end up in the cell rather than your five Star hotel. Like I said earlier Prague is safer than Toronto with Mayor Ford's friends in Dixie Road . The locals are very friendly. Prague is like a mistress. First time you are overwhelmed with her beauty, second time you fall in love, third time you want to leave Canada and move in with her..Take the river cruise and drink plenty of Pilsner.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,806 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prague in June

Korta Kurna? I guess you mean Kutna Hora....

Travel by taxis with a Red line...????? Use Yellow AAA taxis

50 euros for an airport pick up is far far too expensive.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prague in June

thanks so much for your replies guys!! lots of good info :)

10. Re: Prague in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2015, 05:19