We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pCentral Europe Itinerary - 4 Weeks

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
500 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
pCentral Europe Itinerary - 4 Weeks

Hello everyone,

Tripadvisor has always helped me plan perfect holidays and now its turn to plan for a new adventure.

My wife and me are in our late twenties who love architecture, museums, history, churches and old towns. We don't like walking much but use public transport extensively. We travelled to Italy and French Riviera last year and fell in love with the places we visited and things we saw and hence decided to visit Europe again.

We are planning a trip to Central Europe for 4 weeks in the month of July. We have done our basic research and have been reading the forums for about a month in order to get a rough itinerary ready. The following is what we have roughly put down on paper.

Budapest (4N) - Vienna (4N) - Innsbruck (2N) - Salzburg (3N) - Cesky Krumlov (2N) - Prague (4N) - Krakow (3N) - Warsaw (2N) - Antwerp (6N)

We are starting the trip in Budapest at its the southern most city in our plan. We have to end our trip in Antwerp as we are visiting friends there. However we could fly into any of the cities as ticket prices are similar. We will be doing a day trip to Bratislava from Vienna, Hallstatt from Salzburg, Ceske Budejovice from CK.

Given the conditions we wanted your opinion on the route of cities we am travelling to, the number of nights in each destination, day trips from where we will be staying and if there are any other places you would suggest me to add.

If there any other info that you need in order to guide us better do let us know. Thanks for taking out the time to read my post and replying. Any and all opinions and advice are most welcome.

Regards, Rishi

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
500 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pCentral Europe Itinerary - 4 Weeks

bump

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
16,720 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pCentral Europe Itinerary - 4 Weeks

Basically the nights you have allotted look okay....If needed, you could eliminate 1 day from each Salzburg and 1 from C. Krumlov. IMO you could spend one less night in Vienna as well. (I personally prefer Budapest over Vienna.) You might add an extra day to Prague and plan on one or two day trips..Dresden Germany just 2 hours away by train.

Generally, using the rail lines you should book directly via the rail web sites...don't waste money on Rail Europe pass. In Czech you have an option of nice, modern bus Student Agency.

common question is the combo of the 3...simply use the search box above..type in Prague, Budapest, Vienna as one search and you can find previous posts.

There are lots of previous discussions about shuttle/bus service from Salzburg/Linz to C Krumlov.

If you are traveling exclusively by train, you might post your itinerary on the train forum

Edited: 12 March 2014, 15:46
3. Re: pCentral Europe Itinerary - 4 Weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 04:27