We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague to Vienna

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Prague to Vienna

hihi,

after going through past TA posts, can I conclude that in terms of comfort, safety, timing, and pricing there isn't much difference if we take the bus or train fm Prague to Vienna?

Student Agency or Westbus preferred? Advance booking not necessary?

thanks

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague to Vienna

Most comfortable: SA studentagency.cz/jizdenky/videa/index.html

Quickest: Westbus

Slowest: train www.cd.cz/eshop

It depends on your preference. Once upon a time I wouldn't have been seen dead on a bus, but the new ones (SA) are a different matter. If things like free wi-fi/in-seat entertainment are important to you, go with SA, if you are in a hurry go Westbus (also has wi-fi), if neither of these apply and you have a couple of good books/you are an out-and-out train enthusiast, get the train.

Advance booking is always advised with the bus, but certainly with SA there is usually good availability - you can check the availability of seats on www.studentagency.eu (NB Praha = Prague) and you can buy from the steward if there are any free seats.

In order t get the cheapest price on the train (€19) you must book in advance.

Singapore
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague to Vienna

thanks for yr input.... SA bus then

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague to Vienna

I plan to take bus from Prague to Vienna. My hotel is close to Karlsplatz. which bus has more convenient location in Vienna for me? Thank you for your help.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,597 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prague to Vienna

Student Agency is easiest - the bus drops you at Stadion U-Bahn (subway) station, then you just get line U2 direction Karlsplatz. It is a 15 minute journey.

Don't forget to buy a ticket for the U0Bahn and validate (time stamp) it in Vienna! The machine is in English as well, and offers both unvalidated tickets (for use later) and validated tickets (for immediate use). The validation process is exactly the same as in Prague, and if caught without a ticket the fine is heavy.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prague to Vienna

Thank you so much for your detailed response.

6. Re: Prague to Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 05:15