We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1.5 days in Prague

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
1.5 days in Prague

we have only 1.5 days in Prague for a special celebration (anniversary) Arriving late on a Sunday and leaving in the late afternoon on Tuesday. That only gives us a day and a half (Monday is our main day) so need advice about what to prioritise and where to stay. Looking for a 5 star hotel that is central and would love information about what is essential.... Now realizing this is probably a crazy idea to try and see it in such a short amount of time...help!!...please don't tell me that everything is closed on Mondays!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1.5 days in Prague

Am happy to stay in a 4 or 5 star as long as it's pretty special, fairly central and close to main sites

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,277 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1.5 days in Prague

Kempinski

Pachtuv Palac

Ventana

check the reviews, all central

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,136 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1.5 days in Prague

The Kings Court is a 5 star with the best location in the city, and the best staff- in my opinion...

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
17,111 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1.5 days in Prague

one fell swoop ..start by taking tram 22 up the hill to the castle, work your way down to Malastranska Namesti, proceed to/across Chrarles Bridge, on to Old Towne then towards Vaclav Square

simply follow the ant trail of people

Edited: 21 March 2014, 08:15
Vadnais Heights...
Level Contributor
272 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1.5 days in Prague

I have been to Hotel Jalta many times. It is a 4 to 5 star boutique hotel located near the old town and on the main square of the city.

I am a walker and wanderer and like to savor the flavor of the city and culture as I can find it. I could walk to the old town, but usually grab a taxi to drop me off and wander over bridges and around corners to the Old Town that is really amazing if you take time to talk to the people that run the shops and restaurants. Depending on where I have been, I either walk back or grab a taxi back to the hotel.

Every time I have been there, I was pleased and never had any problems.

If you are there ask about the history of the building.

Dick

6. Re: 1.5 days in Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2015, 05:20