We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Five Week Itenerary

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Topic
Five Week Itenerary

I am coming to Prague as part of a five week ititerary and wanted a little advice.

I have five weeks to backpack around Europe. Two weeks (the second and third week of the five) I will spend traveling from either Prague to Vienna to Budapest) or the other way around. These two weeks are set, as I am meeting friends for this portion. I am trying to figure out where to go week number one, four, and five that would allow for me to get a really good feel for the general area but not get boring since I'll be in the same "general" area for five weeks.

Here are some thoughts that I am thinking on geographic borders, but feel free to disagree!

* Russia is too far West.

* France and UK are too far East, plus would make a two nice separate trips some day.

* Norway, Sweden, and Finland are too far North, and would make a nice separate trip some day. Perhaps Denmark should be included in this list, unless others strongly disagree.

* Turkey might be too far South, unless people strongly disagree.

* Italy could be a nice trip unto itself some day, or could incorporate it now.

If the area isn't safe, I shouldn't be going there...

So based on that what other cities would you add to the itinerary, and in what order?

Thanks,

Josh

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,841 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Five Week Itenerary

Russia is too far West.

France and UK are too far East

not on my map.....your post in principle has nothing to do with Prague....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Five Week Itenerary

Well, I just did some additional research, and wanted to make this post a bit more specific. Let's focus on a five week trip around Central Europe, to include at a maximum these countries (though you might suggest only a subset), Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, and Germany. There is a slight chance that I will go to Berlin on a trip next year, so keep that in mind, if it makes a difference in your suggestion!

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
14,930 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Five Week Itenerary

in ranking them in terms of nature/ backpacking generally Slovenia, Austria, Slovakia (high Tatras) would be in the top half

I'd suggest do some general digging/googling regarding hiking/back packing in Central Europe..seems to be plenty of info to get you started. You can check Lonely P. as well

as well search hiking/backpacking for each individual destinations for ex.

www.czechtourism.com/a/active-summer-walk/

Edited: 20 March 2014, 21:40
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Five Week Itenerary

Sorry, I should have said I'll be traveling by car around ... not true backpacking!

5. Re: Five Week Itenerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:23