We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best western kinsky hotel

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Harleston, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best western kinsky hotel

Hi there can you please let me know how do get from the airport to the kinsky best western hotel Thank you Brian

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best western kinsky hotel

I assume you mean by public transportation. In that case, the best is to take the bus (119 or the Airport Express) to Dejvicka and then tram number 20 to the stop Svandovo divadlo. The hotel is 50 m up the hill from the tram stop.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
15,453 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best western kinsky hotel

or catch a taxi 600-680kc..$30-$34 USD

public transport 32kc ticket, 90 mins.. will cover bus and tram..stamp when you enter the bus

Edited: 23 March 2014, 12:51
Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best western kinsky hotel

Note: you have to walk about 5 minutes at Dejvicka to the stop Vitezne namesti, which is where the tram number 20 stops. Vitezne namesti is a huge traffic circle, and you walk 1/4 of the way around (to your right). Here is a map:

https://goo.gl/maps/AxtDQ

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best western kinsky hotel

JeffinPrague>>>>>>>>>>>>>Have they moved the stop for the 20? It used to be on the main Dejvicka tram stop.

Useful to know, as I get the 20 from there to Ujezd.

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best western kinsky hotel

Just had a look at the timetable for the 20 tram, and it still appears to be stopping ay Dejvicka metro station.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,025 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best western kinsky hotel

Whitespirit, the stops are the same. Thanks for the heads up. I am used to the tramlines being diverted because of the construction on Evropska street.

Brian, correct that. You don't need to go around the circle. The tram stops right in front of the Hotel Diplomat, the same place as the bus from the airport. Or best is to transfer from the 119 to the 20 one stop before at Thakurova.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,832 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best western kinsky hotel

It's just a temporary weekend thing..20 goes to Podbaba instead to Divoka Sarka....(as well as tram 26)

so if it's the weekend (and next weekend as well) you have to catch it at Vitezne namesti which is by Dejvicka metro.

dpp.cz/omezeni-dopravy/…

Edited: 23 March 2014, 18:58
Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best western kinsky hotel

Thanks for clearing it up. Did wonder if it was a temp re-route as happens quite often.

Sounds like it will all be back to normal by the time I need to use the 20.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,832 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best western kinsky hotel

If you're thinking of airport to town, then the bus will run normally or maybe via something but will end up at Dejvice metro...,.so if there are still some tram diversions because of the metro works on Evropska ..then its only like 200 metres extra walk from your normal stop from the end 119 bus stop. Check it on google maps but I am sure you know where it is.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best western kinsky hotel

I will be staying at that same hotel in late May. I booked a ride directly through the hotel. It costs 600 CZK for up to four people. Supposedly the driver will be holding a sign with my name and the hotel name inside the terminal.