We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rail Transportation Prague directly to Budapest

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rail Transportation Prague directly to Budapest

I am going to be in Prague for 4 days and need to travel to Budapest to connect with a river cruise. What is the best and fastest train options and where can I find this info?

Calgary, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Rail Transportation Prague directly to Budapest

When I try to book it for 3864 crowns, I always get an error. It says an error occurred while processing the request for documents.

If the 532 crown fare is good for seats only ticket, why can't I use that for the travel ticket along with a separate sleeper reservation?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,879 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Rail Transportation Prague directly to Budapest

You should read GCEK's post above....the 532 crown ticket cannot be used with the sleeper accommodation.

It's a special offer ticket valid only with a seat!

It does say error, you are right, with the double sleeper, so I expect the special offer, integrated price, is no longer available.

I am able to buy a couchette....

Edited: 12 June 2014, 15:38
Calgary, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Rail Transportation Prague directly to Budapest

Okay, thanks. We won't book the 532 crown ticket. I had just thought we'd then have a travel ticket and seat. And then also a sleeper that we could move into.

We also don't want the couchettes as we'd like a private compartment.

So we should just reserve our double sleeper now for 1680 crowns. And then on the day of travel, pay 120 euros (60 each) for our travel tickets. There's no other options or tricks to get a lower fare?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,879 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Rail Transportation Prague directly to Budapest

you would not consider a day train? Otherwise don't think so....if you buy the reservation, check that the beds are in the same compartment, i.e.

EN 477 Metropol 374 DOUBLE 21, 25

Calgary, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Rail Transportation Prague directly to Budapest

We've only got 6 full days to split between Prague and Budapest so we don't want to lose one of them as a travel day.

Thanks for all your advice!

26. Re: Rail Transportation Prague directly to Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 07:16