We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

Hello again,

We are planning to go to Prague Castle tomorrow via tram 22. I found a wealth of information (thanks to all the contributors!) on how to get there, but found zero info on how to come back. Since I'll have a child with me, I'd like to take public transport back and save our legs. Where can get back on tram 22 to get back to Old Town? Detailed instructions would be very appreciated since i am a lost cause when it comes to orienting myself :)

Thanks.

Prague Castle
Castles, Historic Walking Areas
Schwarzenberg Palace
Architectural Buildings, Castles, Art Galleries
Waldstein Palace
Castles, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,142 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

if you walk down the old castle steps. you will get to Malostranska...pick 22 there and get off at Narodni Trida (the tram goes over Vltava and straight over and when the tram turns right, get off on that stop ..it is by Tesco supermarket...then walk? or where exactly do you want to get to

the old castle steps go past Lobkowitz palace and the Museum of Toys...then down past Villa Richter - 5 minutes walk?

Edited: 06 April 2014, 21:05
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,142 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

or you can take the metro from Malostranska to Staromestska/Mustek/Muzeum

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

You can also pick up the 22 tram in two other locations:

Pohorelec, which is by the Strahov Monastery. See:

https://goo.gl/maps/kwDXH

Or at the Prazsky hrad tram stop. See:

https://goo.gl/maps/9Glt8

It depends on where you finish your castle tour, or if you make it to the Strahov Monastery.

Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

Thank you Tilly44! My hotel is near the Astronomical clock, so you gave me another alternative that at be better. Instead of walking 20 min to Narodni Trida, I should just walk to the Staromestska station, get off at Malostranska, and hop on 22 (is this across the street?).

Thanks again.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,142 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

Yes, you could and be still within 24 crown ticket....when you go up get off either at Prague castle (Prazsky Hrad) or Pohorelec - 2 stops past Prague castle.....

Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

Thanks JeffinPrague. We will most likely see the monastery before Prague castle as we are hopping off at Proholec on the way there. Walking downhill will be our theme of the day!

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,211 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

If you want to go from Staromestska to Malostranska, it is better to take the tram no. 18. It is faster if you consider the time it takes to get down into the metro and then back up. You can transfer from the 18 to the 22 at Malostranska if you want to take that up to the other end of the castle or to Pohorelec for the Strahov Monastery.

Or you can walk across the bridge - it only takes 5 minutes to walk from Staromestska to Malostranska, and the view is amazing - Prague Castle in front of you, Charles Bridge to the left, Rudolfinum concert hall to your right.

Edited: 06 April 2014, 21:37
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,142 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

Yep, you can take tram 18 as well.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,142 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

…praha.eu/night/strahov-monastery.html

and look at the pics

Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Take tram 22 to come back to Old Town?

Hello,

I wanted to come back and especially thank both Tilly41 and JeffinPrague for their suggestions. We ended up walking just a short 10 min to take tram 18 and transfer to 22. I'm so glad we didn't have to walk longer than that since we ended up going from one end of the castle complex to the other twice: first for just the normal tour, and once we were done we had to go back to the west end of it to return the audio guide and then walking back east again.