We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NY Times--36 Hours in Prague (with Restaurant Suggestions)

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,674 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
NY Times--36 Hours in Prague (with Restaurant Suggestions)

Most recent article from the NY Times, including recommendations for new restaurants and coffee shops that have opened within the past 6 months:

nytimes.com/2014/…

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NY Times--36 Hours in Prague (with Restaurant Suggestions)

Definitely going to check out the oligarch burger at George Prime Steak.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NY Times--36 Hours in Prague (with Restaurant Suggestions)

Had dinner at George Prime Steak. There's a reason why it was nearly empty at dinner time. The only ones who were eating there unfortunately had no idea how slow and poor the service is. The food was great, however, it took 25 minutes just for a waiter to come around to take our order after getting drinks. The appetizers came within 30 minutes but the main courses took another hour. I got my side of Mac and truffles so long after my steak came, I had finished my steak.I didn't want to wait another hour for the check, so asked for it after I got my side. A manager came and asked if there was a problem, and I explained how poor the service was, how we had theatre tickets and needed the bill, because it was raining and a taxi could take a while. She offered free desserts. I told her we couldn't wait another hour for cake so put 4000 CZK on the table to cover the bill and we got up to leave. She handed the money back and insisted the meal was on the house...

usa
Level Contributor
419 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NY Times--36 Hours in Prague (with Restaurant Suggestions)

Thanks for the review Steve. 4000 CZK is kind of pricey for two, or were there four of you? I usually dont mind the slow service that you find in some places, but that seems a bit TOO slow, lol. By the way, has the Grand Hotel Europa in Wenceslas Squ. reopened yet? (at the risk of getting this thread closed for changing the subject, ha!)

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,137 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NY Times--36 Hours in Prague (with Restaurant Suggestions)

No, just 2 of us. It is an expensive restaurant, and we got several starters. The fillet mignon was tasty, but overpriced, as was everything else and the lack of service a shame. The place has potential, but with different management...

I never noticed if it was open or not. Only went to Wenceslas to shop and go to Como.

5. Re: NY Times--36 Hours in Prague (with Restaurant Suggestions)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2015, 07:16