We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

State Opera in August

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
State Opera in August

We are visiting Prague from Aug 23-30. I would love to visit the State Opera (and see an opera) while we are there but it looks like the performance schedule is limited in August. The only possibility being Aug 29 (our last night). Should I be booking tickets now to ensure we have seats and if so, would you recommend going through the State opera website? Trying to figure out what the best seats to book are etc...

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
36,119 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: State Opera in August

www.narodni-divadlo.cz/cs/program…

I think you have to buy the ticket via ticketportal (koupit vstupenky).....obviously the most expensive tickets will be the best...

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
185 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: State Opera in August

There is an opera on the 27 and 28th at the Estate Theatre, too

www.narodni-divadlo.cz/en/programme…

praha
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: State Opera in August

Just click on buy tickets, when you get to the page where you choose seats, if you want a loge mak sure you choose the front row as all 3 rows are on the same level.

I would probably go with "I. Balkon " front row, 1100 kc.

Book sooner rather then later or the choice may become rather limited soon....

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: State Opera in August

I actually sat in the second balcony in the middle and the seat was fine in February if you want to save a few dollars.

St. Louis, Mo
Level Contributor
101 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: State Opera in August

What exactly is State Opera?

praha
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: State Opera in August

its an establishment, I presume owned by the state, where a variety of operas are performed throughout the year

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
185 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: State Opera in August

State Opera is one of the stages of the National Theatre(others are the National Theatre, New Stage, The Estate Theatre, the Kolowrat Theatre). When you want to see opera in Prague you can either visit the State Opera or the Estate Theatre or the the National theatre - in all three stages there are opera performances.

http://www.narodni-divadlo.cz/en

8. Re: State Opera in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 05:15