We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to book train Prague to Vienna

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trying to book train Prague to Vienna

Today I was trying to book the train from Prague to Vienna leaving on May, 15, 2014 on the Czech train website. The train that leaves Prague at 10:39 EC 77 Antonin Dvorak was listed for purchase and then 15 minutes later is was not listed. Can anyone tell me what might have happened? Thank you in advance.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to book train Prague to Vienna

Well, it is listed now...532 crowns per person.

https://www.cd.cz/eshop/

for English click en top line right

Edited: 25 April 2014, 20:08
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to book train Prague to Vienna

Hmmm...still not showing up for me. The 9:39 & 13:39 show up but not the 10:39 direct train. I'll try later and see if something changes. Another question I have is how do I tell where the front of the train is when I want to choose seat reservations? Thanks again.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to book train Prague to Vienna

hm..not available any more..so won't be available for a cheap special offer...so go for 13.39 then

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to book train Prague to Vienna

Do you know what the higher price would be for the 10:39 train then? Would I just buy the higher price one day of and at the train station?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to book train Prague to Vienna

the standard price (valid for 30 days on the route) would be circa twice as much, i.e...40 euros

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to book train Prague to Vienna

That's a lot! I'll book the 13:39 train. Thanks a bunch Tilly!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
39,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to book train Prague to Vienna

You're welcome, I suppose you would not try a bus? or buy two separate tickets for the trip ( for the same price of 19 euros....and possibly less?)...I wouldn't either , but it's possible

If you want, ask.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Trying to book train Prague to Vienna

I got back on the web site to book the 13:39 train and the 10:39 train was back, so I booked that one! So it's all good now.

9. Re: Trying to book train Prague to Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:16