We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

Hi all

Approx.10 years ago me and my partner went to Prague for a long weekend and really enjoyed it.

This weekend a group of my girlfriends have discussed the possibility of a long weekend next year and Prague was thrown into the mix and we seem to have decided on that as our destination.

My partner however has said he thinks it is now more a place where there is a lot of prostitution and due to the number of stag / hen parties, it is no longer the place we remember.

I'm just trying to verify if this is actually the case.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks Jo

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,776 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

your partner is talking through a hole in his head,come to Prague on a girly weekend and I am sure you will have lots of fun.I would say it was worse 10 years ago than it is now,if it was OK 10 years ago then it is a great deal better now.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
127 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

Hello,

it is not that bad. It is not worse than in most European Cities. I would also say that it was probably worse 10 years ago than it is now.

If it was not an issue for you 10 years ago when you where there with your partner than I would not worry about it now at all as you are travelling with the girls.

They used to stand at the bottom of Wenceslav square so if you want you can avoid that area late at night, but I think that it is not their place anymore. I do not go clubbing anymore so I am not that aware, but when I go out for dinner or theatre I do not notice them.

Prague is a beautiful City with lots of history and also fun trendy places. Do not let the bad reputation put you off.

I hope you will have a great time.

Prague, Czech...
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Prague
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

I think your partner is just trying to keep you from going on your own without him. Prague was awesome 10 years ago and is even better now. Come with the girls and make him royally jealous!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,821 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

Safety might only be an issue if you decide to get extremely drunk and then go to strip clubs and brothels, but I somehow think you might avoid those ... :)

Edited: 13 May 2014, 00:02
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

I certainly wouldn't know anything about brothels and prostitution, but ladies of the evening generally don't proposition groups of females... I generally avoid Wenceslas Square late at night, unless I am in need of some sausages or ham at early hours.

6. Re: Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 May 2014, 15:05
Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
185 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

I would avoid Wenceslas Square at night ( I really hate to see how that part of Prague changed for the worse) - but otherwise you don´t need to worry! Prague is a perfect place for a girls weekend !

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
79 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

Go for it ! Prague is a very safe and fun city, like anywhere in the world you should look out for each other and not get too trolley'd (until you get back to your room)..... Have fun!

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
11 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

I definitely wouldn't let what your partner said stop you, I went about this time last year and it was absolutely amazing! I had never been to the CR (I know you have) but I was in that same mindset of going somewhere with just the knowledge of what I'd heard about it and Prague overall definitely did not disappoint! My fiancé and I were there for a week, did all the typical sightseeing and attractions, even went on pub crawls and experienced the nightlife and we didn't find it to be seedy or unsafe at all! Go and have a fun time with your girls, you have nothing to worry about, Prague is PERFECT for a weekend getaway!!

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls weekend to Prague - is it suitable?

I live in Prague and is fantastic! As some of the other posters say, if you avoid Wenceslas Square after midnight, you'll avoid a lot of the stag / hen parties, and while there are a few hookers there are working the Square, they will most certainly avoid groups of ladies.

Get answers to your questions about Prague